3-11-19 Message From Mrs. Sanchez
Good Afternoon Harris Creek Family,
I hope your week is off to a great start! We have many exciting events coming up so please mark your calendars!
1. Our Science/STEM Fair is tomorrow night, Tuesday, March 12 from 6-7:30pm. Come check out our young scientists and learn about their experiments and research. We will have 4 family friendly activities that anyone can participate in.
2. 5th Grade Middle School Registration is this week from 4:45pm-7:15pm on Tuesday, March 12 and Thursday, March 14. Sign up
3. Spring Pictures are Friday, March 15 for Tracks 3 & 4. Students will take individual and class pictures on these dates. Tracks 1 & 2 will take their Spring Pictures on Wednesday, April 17.
4. Cultural Arts Event- We currently have an Artist in Residence working with our 5th graders to complete their Legacy Project. They are painting a mural covering countries of our students genealogy.
5. Track Outs/Ins- Track 4 Tracks out after Friday, March 29. Track 1 returns on Monday, April 1.
6. PTA Information-
2018-2019 Yearbooks are on sale now. Don’t forget to buy your student the best book of memories from this school year! Purchase a yearbook for $15 BEFORE March 31st. You can pay via cash, check (made payable to HCES PTA) or via online link at https://harriscreek.ptboard.com/
If you would like to submit pictures to be included in the yearbook, please send them to email@example.com by March 15, 2019 and include your child’s track, grade and teacher.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, the PTA is still accepting Krispy Kreme orders. If you haven't placed yours yet, you can still send it in.
3/18/19 Spirit Night at Milton's in Wakefield- 14520 New Falls of Neuse Road Raleigh, 27614, from 5pm-10pm, mention you are with Harris Creek
4/3/19 Athletic Club Starts, Wednesdays from 4-5:15pm, See Flyer here: Harris Creek Athletic Club Flyer
4/4/19 PTA Meeting at 6:00pm
7. Parent Academic Team Night (Last of the year)- A time for parents to learn how to partner with the teacher to ensure student success!
Tracks 1 & 3- Tuesday, April 16- 5:00pm, 6:15pm
Tracks 2 & 4- Tuesday, April 23- 5:00pm, 6:15pm
8. Eagle Fun Fest- Come join our school community for our annual Eagle Fun Fest! We will have a night of games, bounce houses, food trucks, and fun. Friday, May 3 from 5-8pm.
9. Our final Coffee Talk of the school year will be Tuesday, April 9 at 8:00am in the Media Center. We will continue with our topic of identifying inequities that are present in our school. If you are unable to attend but want to share your story and experiences, please email Mrs. Sanchez and put "Inequities" in the subject line. We are very serious about this work and want to hear your experiences so we can continue to improve.
Have a wonderful week!