Cougar Blast - Week of 6.1.21
Dear Cougar Family,
There will be no school on Monday, May 31. On this Memorial Day, join us in honoring our fallen heroes of the armed forces and their families. We are truly grateful for your service.
We are almost through with testing for this year and we could not be more proud of our Cougars. Our Virtual Academy students have completed their testing and make up sessions. We were all so glad to see those who were able to come in to test - it was really wonderful! Our in-person students will finish up with testing Tuesday and Wednesday when make-up testing takes place.
We are truly in the final stretch and encourage you to check in on your child to make sure they have kept up with their work and due dates. This coming week they should be on top of turning all things in and making sure they are doing what they need to do to finish strong.
Please take note of the following announcements for this week.
- End of Grade make up testing for in-person students will occur June 1st and 2nd
- June 1st & June 2nd are normal school day for all students not testing
Critical Guidance: Face Coverings Guidelines
- Face coverings are still required for everyone ages 5 and older while indoors and on school transportation. Please help your children understand the importance of maintaining safety precautions as we go through these next few weeks. We have done an excellent job of keeping each other safe thus far and I expect that we will continue to do so if we all work together.
Items to be returned
- Students May Keep Chromebooks But Must Return Hotspots by End of School Year
- Any student who has a WCPSS-issued hotspot must return it to their school by the end of the school year.
- Students who are graduating or leaving WCPSS are required to return all devices to their school on or before their last day. Read more.
- Students who have a WCPSS-issued Chromebook will keep their Chromebook through the transition to the 2021-22 school year.
- We cannot stress the importance of keeping your child home if they are sick. Please keep in mind the following guidance when deciding whether or not to send your child to school. Please know that a sick child at school impacts everyone around them.
- Students should not be in school if they are diagnosed with COVID-19, exposed to someone with COVID-19, instructed to quarantine, or if they are sick or experiencing any of these symptoms:
- 100.4° fever or higher
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
- Once your child is well and returns to school, please be sure to send in a note that explains the absence. The note will go to our data manager inorder to properly code the absence.
Latest Information from WCPSS:
What's Happening at the PEAK?
May 31, 2021
- Memorial Day Holiday - No School
June 1 and 2, 2021
- Make up testing for in-person students
June 7, 2021
- 8th Grade Day of celebration- (details in grade level newsletter)
June 8, 2021
- AMS Virtual Academy Car Parade Celebration, 9:00-11:00am (details in grade level newsletter)
June 10, 2021
- Last Day of School
Monica Yllanes, Principal