5.12.19 COUGAR BLAST
Dear Cougar Family,
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone who assisted and/or participated with our May Madness event. It was a wonderful evening, and just lovely to see our campus filled with our Cougar families.
I would also like to wish all of our Cougar Moms a very Happy Mother’s Day. I hope that you have a lovely day and are spoiled rotten.
Please take note of the following announcements for this week.
- The Nomination Committee is recommending the following slate of nominations for the 2019/2020 school year. We will be voting the new board in at our final PTA meeting of the year on Friday, May 24th at 9:30 am. We will also be hosting a volunteer breakfast at that time. We hope you will join us.
- President: Cheryl Bryne
- Fundraising - Lindsay Tremelling
- Treasurer - Sherri Stecher
- Secretary- Nancy Bradham
- Programs - Carla Zegerman
8th GRADE END OF YEAR UPDATES:
- Please visit this link to see updated information about the end of year activities.
SPRING TESTING INFORMATION
- Parents: We are looking for some donations for unused ear-buds to use for end-of-year activities with students who may not have their own. They don't have to be high-tech or fancy! Please send any new earbud donations to the front office. Thank you!
Testing season is right around the corner. Just a few reminders:
- Please be mindful when scheduling appointments or other obligations that may make your child absent from end-of-year testing. Know that we have other engaging school-wide activities on the testing make-up days such as Field Day, and students will not want to miss those.
- We need 100 school volunteers during testing (there are some afternoon slots available!) Please sign up to volunteer here, and we look forward to seeing you!
- Also, know that rules about cell phones and electronic/activity trackers during testing have become more strict. If a student is caught or observed with a cell phone during a testing session, he/she is likely to be dismissed from the testing session and will have to re-take a different form of the test. That is not a risk worth taking. We appreciate your help with this as we try to encourage students to be responsible with their technology.
Monica Yllanes, Principal
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE PEAK:
May 16, 2019
- Chorus Concert, 7:00 pm, Auditorium
May 20, 2019
- 6th Grade Band Concert, 7:00 pm, Auditorium
May 21, 2019
- 7th/8th Grades Band Concert, 7:00 pm, Auditorium
May 24, 2019
- PTA Meeting & Volunteer Breakfast, 9:30 am, Media Center
May 29 - June 6, 2019
- End of Year Testing
May 31, 2019
- 8th Grade Dance, 7:00 - 9:00 pm, Cafeteria
June 4, 2019
- Variety Show, 7:00 pm. Auditorium
June 10, 2019
- 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony, 9:00 am, Gym - limited seating
June 11, 2019
- Last Day of School