Principal's Message March 31, 2023!
Hello Falcon Families! It was such a nice evening seeing so many families last Friday at our Falcon Fest! Our parents truly outdid themselves with the baskets, their volunteer hours, and hospitality they always show toward our wonderful students! It was such a great night that pulled our community together. THANK YOU!
Things going on in April:
- Next week may be spring break for traditional calendars, but year-round is still in! But...we do have an early release on Thursday, April 6 and no school on Friday, April 7!
- April 4 is school library media coordinatory day. Thank you, Rachel Anderson!
- Starting April 10 - a family parent survey will open from the district. We will send more information on April 10.
- April 10 - 14 is AP appreciation week. We sure struck gold when we got Rebecca Piotrowski!
- April 17 - 21 is Occupational therapist, speech therapist, and volunteer appreciation week! We thank Amanda Mullins, Corrie Matheny and all our parent volunteers!
- April 24 - 28 is administrative assistant appreciation week! We celebrate all the wonderful front office staff; receptionist Alka Singh, secretary Belinda May, and data manager Latonia Knight!
- Friday, April 21 is a workday - no school, but teachers from all tracks are holding parent conferences.
- Monday, April 24 is a workday for tracks 1-3, but track 4 WILL be in school that day.
- April 27 is our grades 3-5 EOG parent information session.
Save the Dates for May!
- May 4: Rising Kindergarten Orientation @ 5:30.
- May 5: Field Day for tracks 1, 2
- May 8-12: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 9: Early Release but also our Family Community Event! More info to come, but save the date! 5:00 pm.
- May 12: Field day for track 3, 4
- May 17: Culver's Spirit Night
- May 29 - holiday, no school
Registering to be a Volunteer!
Volunteers can now register to volunteer from any location. They are no longer required to come into a school to do that. This is a recent change!. This is the link: https://www.wcpss.net/volunteer. The process is only taking 1-2 weeks now to be approved! Yay!!!
- Falcon Fest: Thank you to all the NFP families and friends who came to Falcon Fest last Friday! We hope you had a wonderful time! We're so grateful to our community partners who donated to and participated in this event, the teachers and room parents who organized and created such amazing raffle baskets and auction items, everyone who donated items for their classroom baskets, the middle school, high school, and adult volunteers, and especially the fabulous foursome who gave so much of their time and energy into this event: Julie, Laura, Emily, and Jamie.
- Community Club: The Community Club has begun their Spring Food Drive! There are collection boxes near the front office, and community club members will be out in morning carpool on April 3, 4, 27, and 28. Thank you for your food donations to support our community!
- Staff Drinks Cart: Our next staff drinks cart day will be on April 10th. Please click here to help make and deliver drinks to the wonderful NFP staff!
- Check out our website www.nfppta.com for all things NFP PTA.
- 2023-2024 Board Positions: The PTA will have several open board positions next year. Each week we will highlight an open position until they are hopefully filled for next school year!
Cultural Arts Chair: This role includes attending cultural arts training and expo sessions during summer and recommending programs that would be beneficial to students. You and/or the team will work with the administration to coordinate event dates. Remember the assembly in February with the Afro/Latin Musical Ensemble the students loved? That was part of Cultural Arts! Please email Lindsey at email@example.com if you are interested.
Hope your family has a wonderful weekend!
Amy Light, Principal