EOG and EOG Readministration Program (Grades 3-5 only)
Hello, families with students in grades 3-5,
This message may seem early, but I want to help you save dates on the following information that impacts your child/ren with End-of-Grade (EOG) Tests. The North Carolina End-of-Grade (EOG) Tests are designed to measure student performance on the goals, objectives, and grade-level competencies specified in the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
Students in Grades 3-5 will take the EOG Test at the end of their school year. Students in grades 3 and 4 will take a Reading and Math EOG. Students in 5th grade will take a Reading, Math, and Science EOG.
Testing windows below:
- Track 1 from May 23 - May 26, with make-up tests from May 30 - June 2.
- Tracks 2 - 4 from June 16 - 26, with make-up tests from June 26 - 28.
- Exact dates for each test will be provided to you later.
Parent Information Session:
For more information about the EOG tests, what is covered on the tests, how to prepare your child for the test, test-taking strategies, etc., please join us for a NFP EOG Parent informational session on Thursday, April 27 at 5:00 PM. This meeting will be a virtual meet and you can join by clicking on the link: https://meet.google.com/oeu-vzqr-irq
EOG Remediation and Readministration Program:
Again this year, your child may meet the criteria for our EOG Remediation and Readministration program. If so, you will be contacted to receive an invitation for your child to attend the program. The qualification for this program is that your child passes the course (in other words your child has mostly level 3’s and 4’s on their report card for that subject area) but does NOT pass the EOG. As soon as we get the EOG test results and determine that your child does qualify for the program, we will contact you to let you know. We will have support staff to remediate your child daily up until they take the retest in hopes of showing their proficiency on that test.
For your planning purposes, the program dates for the end of the school year are:
- Track 1: June 5 and June 7 (not a typo, June 5 and June 7, skip June 6 because track 1 teachers are attending their LETRS professional development).
- Tracks 2-4: June 29 and June 30. These dates are now workdays on the calendar so ONLY students that qualify for the program will attend school on those two dates.
- Transportation will be provided, and breakfast and lunch will be available.
Again, you can find out more information or asks your questions at our parent information session night on April 27, 2023 at 5:00 pm. You can also contact our testing coordinator, Carleen Schlosser, at email@example.com, for questions about testing. For specific questions about the retesting opportunity and eligibility requirements, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school to speak with me. Happy to help.
Amy Light, Principal