We greatly appreciate your willingness to volunteer within the WCPSS community and at MPMS!
You MUST register as a volunteer for the 2017-2018 school year even if you have volunteered in previous years. Visitors who are alone with students at any point are required to complete the registration process. The registration process includes a background check.
Planning on volunteering for the 2018 – 2019 school year? Please read the following:
- All continuing volunteers approved for the 2017 – 2018 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on November 15, 2018. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site and register.
- After November 15, 2018, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check.
- Any new volunteer applicants for the 2018 – 2019 school year MUST register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work.
The volunteer system will be open daily for reactivation/registration.
Please reactivate/register early.
The following examples illustrate some volunteer duties that require registration:
Overnight field trips, tutoring inside or outside the classroom, extended out-of-school activities, off-campus mentoring, field trip chaperone, dance chaperone, club sponsor, health room assistant, volunteer coach, clerical work for teacher, media center volunteer, classroom assistant, field day volunteer, test proctor, front office helper, room parent.
- Sign Up as a Volunteer (You must use a WCPSS computer to access this application.)
- Applications can be completed during school hours (8:00 - 3:00) in the Media Center after you have signed into the office.