Planning on volunteering for the 2019 – 2020 school year? Please read the following:
- All continuing volunteers approved for the 2019 – 2020 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2019. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site where they can register through wcpss.net by selecting the Community tab, and then selecting Volunteer Registration.
- After October 31, 2019, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check.
- Any new volunteer applicants for the 2019 – 2020 school year MUST register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work.
- The volunteer system will be open daily for reactivation/registration.
- Please reactivate/register early.
The following examples illustrate some volunteer duties that require registration:
Overnight field trips, tutoring inside or outside the classroom, extended out-of-school activities, off-campus mentoring, field trip chaperone, dance chaperone, club sponsor, health room assistant, volunteer coach, clerical work for teacher, media center volunteer, classroom assistant, field day volunteer, test proctor, front office helper, room parent.
- Sign Up as a Volunteer (You must use a WCPSS computer to access this application.)
- Applications can be completed during school hours (8:00 - 3:00) in the main office.