JUNE 13, 2024 GRADUATION CEREMONY INFORMATION
Date, Time & Location
- June 13th at 6pm
- Meymandi Concert Hall at the Martin Marietta Center for Performing Arts
- 2 E South Street Raleigh, NC 27601
- Each guest must have a ticket to gain entry into the graduation ceremony
- Children 2 and older will need a ticket
- Max of 4 tickets per graduate (subject to change based on number of graduates & venue capacity)
- Doors open for guests at 5:15pm
- All graduates MUST be at Meymandi Hall at 4:30 on June 13th for MANDATORY rehearsal before the formal ceremony.
- Please come to rehearsal dressed in your cap & gown, with appropriate attire underneath.
- Only your cap and gown is allowed to be worn during the ceremony, with appropriate attire underneath.
- NO decorated caps
- NO cords or stoles can be worn during the ceremony
Cap & Gown
- All students will be given a cap & gown from SCORE Academy. The caps can be kept, but the gown is borrowed.
- Cap/Gown pick up will be at your assigned site June 10th & June 11th between 8:30am-3pm
- Immediately after graduation, tables will be set up outside of Meymandi to return gown and receive diploma.
- Graduates MUST return their borrowed gown before leaving Meymandi Hall
- Students’ legal name will be printed on the diploma. This is verified by birth certificate. If there are concerns with the student's name, please contact Mrs. Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduates will receive their diploma after the ceremony. The diploma will be given in exchange for returning your gown. You will have time to take photos with family and friends outside of the hall.
- Counselors will be at tables set up outside to hand out diplomas and receive gowns.
- Downtown parking lots for graduation will be $10.00. On graduation day, there will be appropriate signage indicating parking facilities. Parking behind Meymandi is prohibited. See more parking information here.
Safety & Security
- All staff and guests will be required to enter through a metal detector per Meymandi Hall policy.
- The following items are prohibited inside Meymandi Hall:
- Camera bags
- Book bags/backpacks
- Glass vases/containers of flowers
- Food or drinks
- Noise makers
- Wrapped packages of any kind, or any items similar to those listed above.
- Flowers wrapped in tissue paper are allowed inside the building.
- Be aware of bag policy
- There is nowhere to store personal items at Meymandi Hall
- Please leave all belongings at home, in your car, or give to a family member. This includes, purses, bags, and phones.