Dear Buckhorn Creek Families,
May 4-8 is Teacher Appreciation Week and we will be celebrating our teachers in very different ways this year. In years past, our school has held luncheons and planned other special events to let our educators know how much they mean to us. Now that school buildings are closed and our teachers are implementing remote learning, we are asking parents to consider celebrating this special week in some new and creative ways.
Following are a few ways you can honor your child’s teacher next week:
- Email a thank you note or have your child create a card or picture and email a picture of it to his or her teacher.
- Send an E-gift card. Many businesses allow you to purchase gift cards online and send them via email.
- Have your student create a video message and email it to his or her teacher.
- Many teachers are using Google Meet to meet with students during remote learning. Have your student create a thank you sign to hold up during the Meet or help your student come up with some words of appreciation to share during the Meet.
- Share what makes your child’s teacher so special on social media and tag our school @BuckhornCreekES and use the hashtag #ThankAWCPSSTeacher.
Our teachers have been working very hard to implement remote learning for students and many of them also are supporting learning for their own children at the same time. I encourage you to take a moment next week to recognize them for all they are doing during these challenging times.