NEW SCHOOL WIDE STEM CHALLENGE! DUE June 10th, 2020
Ms. Osterhoff's Website: http://detectiveosterhoff.weebly.com (This is her MAIN Page.)
HOUR OF CODE / Coding Hotspots:
School Wide STEM Challenge - Iceland (Global warming)
Iceland - SchoolWide STEM Challenge - Due 12/18 but you can turn in early for the Arctic Adventure Experience 12/5 from 6-8 pm.
Year long monthly STEM challenges (Spanish/English) School Wide STEM Challenges 2019-2020
Powerful Video on cellphones and technology -- Simon Sinek - Children and cellphones
STEM links for ENGINEERING anytime!
- Interactive Websites on STEM: http://stem-works.com/activities
- BBC Clips (Literacy, Math, and Science): http://www.bbc.co.uk/education
- Engineering Grand Challenges: http://www.engineeringchallenges.org/
- Exploratorium - Exploratorium is jam-packed with interactive activities, videos, apps, links and more.
- How Stuff Works - This site has a ton of articles that explain the wonders of science. We love it!
- STEM-Works - In addition to articles and job information, STEM-Works includes a lot of interesting and educational activities
- Funology - This site offers ideas that will inspire and entertain.
- NASA Kids’ Club - Children can use their science and math skills to explore Mars, construct a fleet of rockets or imagine they are going to the moon.
- Kids Ahead - Kids Ahead is packed with all kinds of resources, including scavenger hunts, videos, articles, links to local activities and fun events and info on cool jobs.
- MathMovesU - Practice your math skills with online games, virtual thrill rides and national competitions!
- Science Bob - This website has videos, links and plenty of ideas for build-your-own experiments and science fair projects.
- TechRocket - A great learning tool for kids interested in programming, graphic design, and more!
- DiscoverE - Thinking about engineering? DiscoverE has a selection of resources on careers and preparing for college. They also have a bunch of cool videos, trips, websites and hands-on activities.
- NCSTEM Center - A web portal for all things related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education in North Carolina.
- Multiple Websites for STEM activities - A website filled with STEM links and activities.
Grades Pre K-5
(Games, Activities, and Ideas on all things Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) = Strategies that Engage the Mind
- NASA Kids’ Club – This website has interactive games for students involving different science topics and levels.
- PBS Kids Go Design Squad – Design Squad Nation offers activities, animations, videos, and episodes for teachers and students.
- Strange Matter – Strange Matter is a great place for students to learn while having fun. The activities pertain to materials science or the “study of stuff”.
- Engineering Interact – This website provides fully interactive, engaging game environments with information about real world applications to introduce students to the exciting world of engineering.
- Science Kids – On this website, students can find experiments, games, videos, and lessons to help them better understand science and technology subjects.
- The Kids Science Challenge -Visit the games and video section of this website to help them conceptualize information in an engaging way.
Women in STEM! Train girls early!
(Did you know girls make up their mind by 2nd grade as to whether they like math and science? That's why engineering at an early age is important! Expose all students to different genres so they can see what is available to them.)
Women in STEM (Statistics on girls in STEM)
Where Women Study STEM:
Women in STEM: