Engineering Fair Judges Needed: We need volunteers! 2/22
School Wide STEM Challenges for the Year (Pre-K - 5th Grade)
Calling ALL ENGINEERS!! Test your hand at some cool engineering.. Participate in our Annual Engineering Fair! (Slips are due 1/25 and Project is due 2/22)
STEM Engineering Girl Writing Contest Engineer Girl Story (All students grades 3-5 can apply.)
STEM links for ENGINEERING anytime!
Ms. Osterhoff's Website: http://detectiveosterhoff.weebly.com
- Interactive Websites on STEM: http://stem-works.com/activities
- BBC Clips (Literacy, Math, and Science): http://www.bbc.co.uk/education
- Engineering Grand Challenges: http://www.engineeringchallenges.org/
- Exploratorium - Exploratorium is jam-packed with interactive activities, videos, apps, links and more.
- How Stuff Works - This site has a ton of articles that explain the wonders of science. We love it!
- STEM-Works - In addition to articles and job information, STEM-Works includes a lot of interesting and educational activities
- Funology - This site offers ideas that will inspire and entertain.
- NASA Kids’ Club - Children can use their science and math skills to explore Mars, construct a fleet of rockets or imagine they are going to the moon.
- Kids Ahead - Kids Ahead is packed with all kinds of resources, including scavenger hunts, videos, articles, links to local activities and fun events and info on cool jobs.
- MathMovesU - Practice your math skills with online games, virtual thrill rides and national competitions!
- Science Bob - This website has videos, links and plenty of ideas for build-your-own experiments and science fair projects.
- TechRocket - A great learning tool for kids interested in programming, graphic design, and more!
- DiscoverE - Thinking about engineering? DiscoverE has a selection of resources on careers and preparing for college. They also have a bunch of cool videos, trips, websites and hands-on activities.
- NCSTEM Center - A web portal for all things related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education in North Carolina.
- NASA Kids’ Club – This website has interactive games for students involving different science topics and levels.
- PBS Kids Go Design Squad – Design Squad Nation offers activities, animations, videos, and episodes for teachers and students.
- Strange Matter – Strange Matter is a great place for students to learn while having fun. The activities pertain to materials science or the “study of stuff”.
- Engineering Interact – This website provides fully interactive, engaging game environments with information about real world applications to introduce students to the exciting world of engineering.
- Science Kids – On this website, students can find experiments, games, videos, and lessons to help them better understand science and technology subjects.
- The Kids Science Challenge -Visit the games and video section of this website to help them conceptualize information in an engaging way.