Bulldog Blast - August 14, 2021
YES Bulldog Blast - August 14, 2021
Hello Bulldog Families!
It's almost Welcome Back Week here at York. Next week, we welcome back our phenomenal staff and soon after we will welcome our amazing PreK-5 Bulldogs!
We understand that there are a variety of concerns and positions on a host of topics right now in our world. Please know that we remain committed to providing a safe, welcoming, healthy, and peaceful learning environment for everyone whether your are on-campus or remote this year. We appreciate everything you will do to help keep our Community of Care YORK STRONG!
We've tried VERY hard to avoid information overload during the summer. We all needed a little screen break. We recognize the importance of keeping you updated, and promise to communicate timely, but still efficiently! The Bulldog Blasts are one way to stay connected and in the loop.
Our very first Bulldog Blast newsletter for the 2021-2022 school year is linked below, please take a moment to review it as there is important information pertaining to the beginning of the school year and logistics.
YORK is where it's at this year!
Kate Williams, Principal
Save the Date Reminders:
- Sunday, August 15th @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm = Popsicles on the Playground for Kindergarten students/families. In the event of rain, we will cancel this event. Popsicles will be passed out during appointment slots for Kindergarten Early Assessment Day. PTA will also be on site at that time.
- Monday, August 16th from 9:00am-2:00pm = Kindergarten Early Assessment Day. By appointment only. If you need an appointment slot, please call the school.
- Thursday, August 19th from 4:00pm-5:00pm = Meet the Teacher Grades 1-5/ECS 1 & 2 programs. This will be hosted remotely. Classroom teachers will be calling families before Meet the Teacher starting Tuesday to introduce themselves and share details for how to join remotely.
- Monday, August 23rd = First Day of School for students in grades 1-5/ECS 1 & 2 programs
- Monday, August 23rd - Thursday, August 26th = Kindergarten Staggered Entry
- Friday, August 27th from 2:00-3:00 pm = Kindergarten Meet the Teacher. This will be hosted remotely. More details to follow.
- Monday, August 30th = First Full Day of School for ALL Kindergarten Students!
Kindergarten Staggered Entry
We will be hosting staggered entry for our newest Bulldogs in August 23rd-26th. Kindergarten students will come to school for one day during that week for initial assessments, to learn schoolwide procedures, and to meet the kindergarten teachers/team.
Dates are included below based on student last name:
Monday August 23rd = A-F
Tuesday August 24th = G-L
Wednesday August 25th = M-R
Thursday August 26th = S-Z