April 8, 2021 - Health Screenings No Longer Required for Student-Athletes, Coaches
To align with the recent decision to no longer require daily health screenings for students and staff, we will no longer require health screenings or temperature checks for student-athletes and coaches.
(The NCHSAA will still require a health screening for wrestlers and coaches. They will post a required form prior to Monday.)
Individuals still should conduct a self-screening prior to participation.
All students, employees, visitors, and vendors should monitor themselves for symptoms of illness and take their temperature every day at home before coming to school or reporting to work.
You are not allowed onto WCPSS property if you are:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Instructed to quarantine
- Experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Sick or experiencing symptoms of illness
- 100.4° fever or higher
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache