The volume of information in the media and elsewhere about COVID-19 can cause concern for parents and students. Here are some tips to help address your family’s social and emotional needs:
- Share age-appropriate information with students and correct misinformation.
- Reassure children that they are safe and that adults are working to keep them safe.
- Emphasize ways children and families can be “germ-busters” and reduce the spread of illness.
- Try to keep routines as normal as possible.
- Limit the amount of exposure to television and social media regarding COVID-19.
Our schools are thoughtfully planning how to support all students’ mental and emotional well-being upon their return to school.
If you have concerns about your student, please contact your student’s school counselor. If you have an urgent concern, contact Alliance Health at 1-800-510-9132.
Social Story Videos
Student Support Services has produced a series of short videos that can be viewed and well understood by students in the early grades. The stories outline the importance of wearing face coverings, social distancing, hand washing, health screening and drinking water safely. We encourage parents of students in grades PreK through 3 to share these with their students.
A social story for young learners about how to wear face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A social story for young learners regarding how to practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A social story for young learners regarding washing hands to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A social story for young learners regarding how health screenings are performed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A social story for young learners about drinking water safely to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Health Safety Guidelines
An overview of guidelines for all students around preventing the spread of COVID-19.