The volume of information in the media and elsewhere about COVID-19 can cause concern for parents and students. Here are some tips to help address your family’s social and emotional needs:
- Share age-appropriate information with students and correct misinformation.
- Reassure children that they are safe and that adults are working to keep them safe.
- Emphasize ways children and families can be “germ-busters” and reduce the spread of illness.
- Try to keep routines as normal as possible.
- Limit the amount of exposure to television and social media regarding COVID-19.
Our schools are thoughtfully planning how to support all students’ mental and emotional well-being upon their return to school.
If you have concerns about your student, please contact your student’s school counselor. If you have an urgent concern, contact Alliance Health at 1-800-510-9132.