Changes to Food Distribution
Meals will continue to be free for all students through June 2021. Breakfast and lunch is available at no cost for any children under the age of 18 and all students, whether learning remotely or in-person.
Big Bus Food Truck
Our Big Bus Food Truck (BBFT) delivery service is transitioning from daily to once-a-week deliveries. The weekly meal bundles will contain 7 lunches and 6 breakfasts and will be delivered by YMCA buses instead of WCPSS buses. The last day for daily deliveries will be Thursday, February 11. The BBFT will not operate the week of February 15 and will begin weekly meal bundle service the week of February 22. View the weekly meal bundle delivery schedule on wcpss.net/food.
The last day of curbside service at the following locations is Fri., Feb. 12:
- Apex High (nearest location: Apex Elementary)
- Baileywick Elementary (nearest location: Lynn Road Elementary)
- Reedy Creek Middle (nearest location: West Cary Middle)
- River Bend Elementary (nearest location: Fox Road Elementary)
- South Garner High (nearest location: East Garner Elementary)
- Wendell Middle (nearest location: Wendell Elementary)
- Zebulon Elementary (nearest location: Wakelon Elementary)
All other curbside meal distribution will continue as scheduled. Visit wcpss.net/food for distribution dates, times, and locations.
If you are changing your pick-up location or requesting new service, fill out this form to select your food distribution site and identify who will pick up your meals.
Apply for Meal Benefits to Secure Funding for Your School
While the meals this school year are free for all children, please apply for free or reduced-price meal benefits by Feb. 26 to ensure your school will receive the appropriate federal funding and your family will receive any upcoming state benefits. Information about applying for Meal Benefits can be found at www.wcpss.net/meals. You can apply online at MySchoolApps.com or request a paper application by calling 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920.