Optional Rehearsals and Practices for High School Students
We have developed a schedule for when high schools may resume optional rehearsals and practices this school year. Our intent is to provide students with the opportunity to participate with strict health and safety requirements in place.
This schedule was reviewed and is supported by a consensus of WCPSS high school arts teachers. It is intended to return our student artists to participation in a measured and thoughtful way. Each school will determine which groups rehearse based on the needs of the school.
For the remainder of the first semester, rehearsals and practices will be completely voluntary. Directors will not be required to hold rehearsals or practices, and students are not required to participate in any rehearsals or practices that are held.
Following is a list of rehearsal guidelines for those students and teachers who do decide to participate:
- A maximum of 90 minutes per day per student.
- Limited to two arts groups per school.
- Students may not attend more than one rehearsal per day.
- A maximum of 50 individuals per group outdoors (includes teachers/ directors).
- A maximum of 25 individuals per group indoors (includes teachers/directors).
- Dressing rooms will remain closed.
Following is a list of safety requirements for those students and teachers who decide to participate:
- Teachers, volunteers and students will be screened daily.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, or reporting signs or symptoms, must not participate.
- Screening questions will be answered by all prior to participation.
In case of exposure:
- If a person, tests positive for COVID 19, all members of the pod who have been exposed will:
- Quarantine for 14 days; and,
- Watch for symptoms.
- Individuals who have had positive screenings must provide a note from a health care provider before being allowed to return.
We are looking forward to the safe return of our students!