The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
Student Improvement Team Membership
- Derek Burns, Principal
- Claudia Bazemore, Assistant Principal
- Sara Ridings, Dance Teacher
- Jill Peters, Instructional Assistant
- Amelia Sherrill, Kindergarten Teacher
- Lauren Allen, 1st Grade Teacher
- Jenella Simmons, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Claire Aston, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Paul Guille, 4th Grade Teacher
- Mary Keller, 5th Grade Teacher
- Stephen MacDonald, Special Education Teacher
- Heidi Bledsoe, AIG Teacher
- Jessica Vaughan, Intervention Facilitator
- Kelli Williams, School Counselor
- Susan Smith, School Psychologist
- Sarah Bruner, Instructional Facilitator & Magnet Coordinator
- Leigh Ann Alford-Keith, District Leader
- Ginny Burch, Parent
- Laurel Powell, Parent
- Eric Snider, Parent
School Improvement team members approved on September 30, 2021.
School Improvement Meetings
All school improvement meetings will be held via Google Meet. Once we are safely able to return to in-person meetings, we will meet in the media center.
Thursday, September 2, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, October 7, at 7:30 a.m.
Wednesday, November 10, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, December 9, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, January 6, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, February 3, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, March 3, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, April 7, at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, May 12, at 7:30 a.m.