In case of snow or other potentially hazardous weather or emergency situations, we may close or delay school. We make the decision after consulting the National Weather Service, local weather forecasters, and area law enforcement. Additionally, our staff drives the bus routes to check firsthand on local conditions.
Schools will be open on their regular schedule unless otherwise announced. As soon as the decision is made, we will:
- notify local radio and television stations
- update our website's front page
- notify our schools, which will typically update their own websites and main phone lines
If the weather is bad enough to make a decision the day or night before, we will do so in time for the 11 p.m. newscasts. Otherwise, a decision will be made at 4:45 a.m.
Please don't call radio and TV stations. They need their telephone lines left open to receive information from schools and businesses about schedule changes.
Make Up Days