April 15, 2022
Dear Rams Families:
1) Hello and Happy Monday- Clearly this will not be the Friday Memo for me so it’s been renamed The Memo! Welcome back Track 4. Make a great week!
2) Reminder about Hall Passes- All students will need a Hall pass when dismissed from class to go to another location. If you need add’l blue passes, extras are located in the mail room on the table near your boxes. If a student is using his/her individual pass that you punch, please make sure the student carries the hall pass to their destination. Your help is greatly appreciated.
3) Rising 6th Grade Open House- Reminder that we have our 2nd Open House for our rising 6th graders on April 21 from 6pm-7pm.
4) RMS Future Business Leaders of America Club & March of Dimes
March of Dimes – Opportunity to Support:
Help the RMS Future Business Leaders of America(FBLA) Club support March of Dimes and help families with babies in the NICU. They will be putting together personal care kits with some of the following items: toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, unscented lotion, bars of soap, chapstick, gum or mints, and cozy socks. They will collect items from Wednesday, April 20th to Friday, April 22nd. There will be a dropbox at each entrance for your donated items. Flyers are posted around the school with a full list of items needed for the care packages. Thank you for your support! RMS FBLA
5)- Parent Survey Information
Parent Survey Responses Requested: WCPSS is administering a District-Wide Family Survey from Monday, April 4 through Friday, May 6. This survey provides families the opportunity to provide valuable information and a high-quality data source for planning and School Improvement. The survey has been translated into various languages; Spanish, Arabic, French, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
The link to access the survey will be: surveys.panoramaed.com/wakecounty/family
a) Please remember that track 1 and track 3 homerooms should have completed the Chromebook checklist by end of day on Thursday, April 14.
Here's the checklist https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D_A8Pe2pIY5s7TmotdEmxTIWWVOGgQSf2zOvkE3tv6s/edit?usp=sharing Track 4's checklists are due by April 22.
b) Testing Readministration
• All students who pass an EOG tested course or subject in 2021-22 but score Not Proficient (scale score ranges) on the initial administration of the EOG will be eligible to participate.
• Attendance for eligible students will be voluntary.
• Any eligible student who does not participate in summer remediation and readministration activities on the identified dates will not be eligible for readministration of any EOG.
• Students who do not participate in the summer remediation/readministration program will be held harmless.
• Eligible Virtual Academy students will access readministration and remediation in person for the 2 identified days after the school year ends. Testing for VA students will occur at the student’s base school.
Remediation/Readministration Dates by Calendar/Track:
Year-Round Track 1:
Remediation/ Readministration Dates: June 3 and 6
Year-Round Tracks 2, 3 and 4:
Remediation/ Readministration Dates: June 28 and 29
Please note that these days were previously part of your student's regular school year. These days are now reserved for retesting and only students who are eligible and who opt in will attend on these days. More information will be coming soon!