August 20, 2021
Dear Rams Families
I hope everyone has had a great week! Here are the important items to note for this week:
- Face Coverings: I know I mention this every week, but it continues to be critical that students are wearing their face covering consistently and correctly throughout the day. This will mitigate the number of students who would have to quarantine should contact tracing be necessary.
One of the issues that we are seeing are students whose face covering does not fit appropriately. Please take a look at your student’s face covering this weekend and discuss how they can ensure it is fitting properly over their nose, mouth, and chin. Face coverings that are not the right size or do not fit properly limit the effectiveness of mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
As I’ve shared on the announcements with the students this week, I know none of us WANT to wear a face covering, but it is the requirement and necessary at this time. We appreciate your support with this.
- Transportation Delays Next Week: Please be prepared for significant delays in morning and afternoon transportation next week.
- Buses: With the start of traditional school next week and driver vacancies we’ve been informed to expect delays with current time projections for morning pick up and afternoon drop off. Some of our routes will be doing double runs, which means some students will be getting home later than they have been.
- Carpool: Next week, Track 2 tracks out. Because we do not have Track 2 this year, ALL students will be on campus. We will experience a significant increase in the number of cars coming through carpool. In the morning we will be having you pull up even farther than we currently do so that we can unload as many students as possible. Please be sure students are ready to get out of their vehicle quickly. In the afternoon we anticipate traffic backed up on Burlington Mills Rd. We have reached out to Rolesville PD to assist with traffic control. We appreciate your patience.
- Fall Pictures: Fall pictures will take place next Friday. You can find ordering information by going to the Strawbridge Website by clicking here. Once on the website click “order pictures” and then use this code: FM367480
VA Fall Pictures: These will take place on Friday, October 1st from 8: 30 – 11:30 am. As we get closer to that date, we will be sending out a sign-up genius for VA students to come take their picture. This is a teacher workday so there will be no other students on campus.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Rolesville Middle School