July 9, 2021
Dear Rams Families
What an exciting couple of days we’ve had as we kick off the 2021 – 2022 school year! The sights and sounds of hundreds of students filling the halls has been amazing.
- Important Links for the beginning of the year:
- Afternoon Carpool: Please be in communication with your child during dismissal. All carpool students are dismissed at the same time so it’s important that once they get outside, they are watching for their rides. Once your child is in the vehicle you may pull out and around cars in front of you as long as you do so safely.
- Fall Sports Registration: Fall sports registration will begin Tuesday, July 20th. Tryouts for Fall Sports will begin August 30th. Sports being offered are: Football, Cheerleading, Girls' Soccer and Volleyball.
Only 7th and 8th Grade students may tryout for school sports. You must have a completed Wake County Athletic Participation Form on file with Coach Brennan, which can be found on our website under the athletics link. It is in the right column under the heading “links”. You must also have a physical, signed by a doctor, on file. The physical must be from within the past 395 days.
- PE Uniforms: We have received our first shipment of PE Uniforms. These are from orders that were placed prior to June 15th. Any orders placed after June 15th will be delivered at the end of July. When shipments are received, we call students down to the concession stand during morning announcements to give them their uniform.
As a reminder, we will not be changing for PE until second quarter.
- Track-out Summer Learning Program: This information is specifically for any student who has previously been assigned to the summer learning program.
If your Track 4 student was invited to and signed up for our Summer Learning program, please see the information below. As a reminder, RMS students participating in summer learning will do so at Heritage Middle School. Please contact Ms. Onofre (email@example.com) at Heritage Middle School with any questions.
As our start date of July 12th approaches, we wanted to send out a few reminders for our upcoming session. The Extended Learning Curriculum will include topics like K-8 Literacy/ELA, Math, Science, SEL Resources from CASS and Resources for English Learners. The goal is to build on the skills they learned during the past school year. Students will have an opportunity to engage in enrichment and physical activities. Transportation will be provided by Wake County Breakfast and lunch will be provided by HMS cafeteria at no cost daily.
Session 1: Mon-Fri, July 12-16, 2021 Mon-Fri, July 19-23, 2021
Session 2: Mon-Fri, Oct 4-8, 2021 Mon-Fri, Oct 11-15, 2021
Session 3: Mon-Fri, Jan 3-7, 2022 Mon-Wed, Jan 10-12, 2022
Have a great weekend!
Rolesville Middle School