May 21, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
I apologize that there was not a weekly message sent out last Friday. The message this week includes several important items so please be sure to read closely. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
- Next Wednesday – Final Remote Learning Day: You can expect teachers to reach out to students and families on Monday or Tuesday about expectations for asynchronous learning next Wednesday. There will be no live instruction, but teachers will be working with small groups of students, as well as individual students to provide additional support as necessary.
- Start and Stop Times for Next School Year: We will return to our normal times next school year. Arrival is 7:45 – 8:10 and the tardy bell rings at 8:15. Dismissal will begin at 3:00 pm.
- Bus Transportation for Next Year: The transportation department will be contacting all current bus riders and transportation-eligible non-riders on the year-round calendar on Friday, May 21 via School Messenger.
Parents will be invited to check their transportation status for the 2021-22 school year, request service if they are not currently registered, or decline service if they do not wish transportation service next school year.
- Attendance: As we are approaching the end of the school year, we are seeing an uptick in tardiness and absences for virtual and in-person students. We want all our students to have a strong and successful end to the school year. We encourage you to make sure your child is on-time and in each class every day. If your child does have to miss school, please communicate with your child's teacher or leave a message on our school's attendance line (919-570-2260 ex 20545).
- Free Meals Next Year for All Students: Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost to students for the 2021-22 school year. While the district may be able to offer free meals to all students, it is very important for eligible parents to complete a meal benefits application because this data enables schools to obtain funding to provide other important educational resources to benefit students. Other benefits that are issued directly to families that have applied and are eligible for meal benefits may also be available (such as the P-EBT cash benefit). Parents can complete a meal benefits application online at com. Paper applications also are available at all schools. More: www.wcpss.net/free-reduced-meals.
Rolesville Middle School