April 23, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
Our first full week at school in over a year is officially in the books! It’s been a great week and we’re looking forward to finishing the year strong. Here are the updates and information for this week:
- 2021 – 2022 Virtual Academy: On Tuesday, The Board of Education approved a plan to open the WCPSS Virtual Academy to serve grades K-12 for the 2021-22 school year. More information regarding the Virtual Academy can be found by clicking here. The registration link can be found by clicking here.
- 3rd Quarter Report cards: We were hoping to send report cards out today, but ran into some minor issues. Report cards for Plan A students will be sent home Monday afternoon. Report cards for VA students will be mailed home on Monday afternoon.
- Updates regarding testing for VA Students: We have received some good questions this week about EOG testing for VA students. Please see important and clarifying information below:
- Students are required to be on campus to take the EOGs. There are no options for remote online testing. If a student does not take the EOGs, he/she will be considered absent from testing for testing purposes.
- Being marked absent for testing will not keep a student from being promoted to the next grade, moving on to NC Math 1 next year, or affect any current AIG status.
- If your student is not taking an EOC (Current Math 1 students) they will not be impacted if they are marked absent.
- If your student is currently in Math 1, they are expected to test, which must be done in person. The reason for this is because it is a high school exam, which they receive credit for.
However, recent provisions do provide an option not to test without it impacting their final grade or getting credit for the class. Please see the following information for an explanation of this:
- The EOC is 20% of a student's grade. However, no student will receive lower than a 60 this year.
- If a student's final grade for the class is higher than the EOC score, that grade will be used in place of the EOC score.
- Students who are absent from testing will initially receive an incomplete for the course. However, Once all grades have been finalized and updated based on choosing to test or not, students passing the course will receive the high school credit.
In Short, if you are not comfortable with your child coming to school to take the EOGs, they will not be penalized.
Parents of VA Students: Regardless of your decision please be sure to complete the form at this link at your earliest convenience so we can plan accordingly for testing. Please reach out to our testing coordinator, Amy Walter
(firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any additional questions about testing.
- Yearbooks: Don’t forget to upload a picture of your child for the yearbook. Please only do this if they did not have their picture taken by Strawbridge this fall. If you took pictures in the Spring only, please upload a photo because those pictures will not transfer over to the yearbook. You can learn more about taking a proper photo and uploading it by clicking here.
We are making final preparations to provide the link for ordering a yearbook so be on the lookout for that soon.
Rolesville Middle School