March 31, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
I hope everyone has a great track-out and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone, either in person or online, in April. Our first day back will be Wednesday, April 14th. Prior to returning, I will be sending another parent message with additional details about our return and transition to Plan A.
- Attendance Letter: We are required, by the state, to send absence letters to any student who has 6 or more absences for this school year. We will be sending out approximately 200 letters. If you receive one of these letters, please do not be alarmed and there is nothing to be concerned about. It has been a challenging year for everyone and we understand that. However, we are required to send the letters. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.
- Teacher Changes for 4th Quarter: For any student who has requested a change in learning environment you should receive an initial email by tomorrow afternoon from one of your child’s new teachers as well as one of their current teachers. They will outline the change and will share more information about what to expect next.
Important Note: We also want to make everyone aware that the significant number of change requests that we received will result in a small number of other students who will have to switch teams for 4th quarter. We recognize this is not a perfect situation, but the availability to ensure all students are in the proper math classes and in order to continue social distancing to the extent possible these changes are necessary.
- Powerschools for 4th Quarter: Please note that PS may not be accurate as we begin 4th Before we can make any schedule updates or changes in PS we must finalize 3rd quarter grades and print report cards. We will keep you informed as to when it will be updated to accurately reflect 4th quarter information. When we return on April 14th, students will report to their 2nd period class and a paper copy of their schedule will be provided. We will have additional staff on hand that day to support and guide our students who are returning to campus.
- Return to Campus Guide: With the transition back to Plan A, which includes many students returning to campus for the first time in over a year, we will be updating our “Return to Campus Guide”. This will provide the most recent information on what students can expect when they return. It will highlight things such as arrival, dismissal, lunch, and movement throughout the building. It is critical that all students returning to campus in April review this guide. Once this has been updated, we will share it with all families.
- 4th Quarter Material Pick-Up: Students who are Virtual Academy for 4th quarter should make plans to come by school to pick up 4th quarter materials. Dates for this will be Tuesday, April 13th or Wednesday, April 21st (asynchronous day). More information will be sent closer to that date about specific pick-up times. Plan A students will receive their materials when they return on April 14th.
- Bus Transportation for VA Students Moving to Plan A: Eligible bus riders currently in Virtual Academy who are returning to in-person learning must apply for bus service, if needed. The student must meet all transportation eligibility requirements. Students must also submit the health attestation form. Bus assignments will not be provided until the attestation form is received. If your child requires transportation it is imperative that you go here to sign up. You should go here to submit the attestation form. Requests made for transportation will be closed after three days if the attestation form is not received, and the parent will be notified. Students will be assigned to a bus as quickly as possible after the attestation form is received.
Rolesville Middle School