March 26, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
I can hardly believe we have reached the end of the 3rd quarter. What a year it has been. I know everyone is looking forward to a well-deserved track out beginning next Wednesday.
- Next Monday and Tuesday: These are district identified Remote Learning (RL) days. RL days are asynchronous days with no live instruction. However, students should be expecting to hear from teachers regarding any final assignments, missing work, feedback, corrections, etc. It is critical that students are attending office hours and meeting with teachers if they have anything outstanding. Students will have until the day we return, Wednesday April 14th, to turn any final assignments in. At that time grades will be finalizing in preparation for printing and mailing report cards home.
- 4th Quarter Material Pick-Up: Students who are Virtual Academy for 4th quarter should make plans to come by school to pick up 4th quarter materials. Dates for this will be Tuesday, April 13th or Wednesday, April 21st (asynchronous day). More information will be sent closer to that date about specific pick-up times. Plan A students will receive their materials when they return on April 14th.
- Athletics: Remember that there are no athletics while we are tracked out. The current season will resume when we return on April 14th. At that time, all students participating in the current season will be allowed to attend each day as a result of returning to Plan A. The registration link for the final season, which includes boys’ and girls’ basketball and cheerleading will open on April 22nd. Depending on the number of students who register we may need to break students into 2 groups to ensure social distancing. This information will be shared once the registration window has closed.
- Talent Show: What a wonderful evening last night! Our students did a phenomenal job and we are so proud of their work. We are fortunate to have an amazing arts department who are dedicated to providing opportunities such as these for our students.
- Bus Transportation for VA Students Moving to Plan A: Eligible bus riders currently in Virtual Academy who are returning to in-person learning must apply for bus service, if needed. The student must meet all transportation eligibility requirements. Students must also submit the health attestation form. Bus assignments will not be provided until the attestation form is received. If your child requires transportation it is imperative that you go here to sign up. You should go here to submit the attestation form. Requests made for transportation will be closed after three days if the attestation form is not received, and the parent will be notified. Students will be assigned to a bus as quickly as possible after the attestation form is received.
- Music Program for Rising 9th graders at Rolesville HS: Check out this link to learn more about the music program at the high school and opportunities for students to participate.
Rolesville Middle School