February 12, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
It’s been another great week at RMS. I spent quite a bit of time in classes this week and it was wonderful to see great student attendance and engagement in learning. We are looking forward to the return of students next week. See below for the latest important information and updates.
- Plan B Returning to School: We are looking forward to seeing our cohorts on the weeks listed below. These dates will take us up until we track out at the end of March. Students may not attend school outside of their assigned cohort.
- Cohort 2 / B: Weeks of February 15th and March 8th
- Cohort 3 / C: Weeks of February 22nd and March 15th
- Cohort 1 / A: Weeks of March 1st and March 22nd
- Carpool: Please pull as far forward as possible in the carpool lane. Students should wait in their vehicle until a staff member comes to complete the required health screening, which includes a temperature check. Please remember to turn your heat off prior to arriving to school. While we understand the weather outside is frightful, accurate temperatures checks are delightful 😊 If your child registers a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will need to wait a few minutes to be re-screened before they may enter the building.
- Bus: Students will exit the bus at the direction of staff members outside monitoring bus arrival. Each student will go through the required health screening, including a temperate check.
- Updates to Carpool Dismissal: Please share this information with your child if they will go home through carpool in the afternoon. 7th and 8th grade students will come down the center stairwell and out the front doors. This is a change from going down the pod stairwells and then down the center hall. This is the only time the center stairs should be used for "downstairs movement". 6th grade students will dismiss from electives so they should come down the center hallway and out the front doors.
- Carpool Names: Because of the need for a controlled dismissal of students to ensure social distancing we have been calling students by name this year. To make this process more efficient we now have carpool tags. We will be handing these out each afternoon as we rotate through cohorts. Please hang these from your mirror at dismissal so we can send names inside to be announced.
- Updated Eating & Drinking Guidelines: The district has provided new guidance around eating and drinking during the school day to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Please review this information closely with your child this weekend.
- All students must keep their mask on until all students are seated. They will be directed as to when they can take their mask off to begin eating. While waiting for everyone to sit they can take their items out and prepare to eat.
- Students may not socialize while their mask is off and they're eating.
- Their mask must be put back on as soon as they are done eating.
- Once they are done eating and masks are back on they may socialize with those to their right or left (Tables are set up to allow for the 6 feet of distance between students).
- They may not turn to talk around to talk to students who are sitting behind them.
Water breaks in the classroom:
Students may no longer individually take their mask off to drink water. Teachers will be scheduling brief water breaks 2-3 times during each class.
- Clubs: We had an exciting first week of clubs this past Wednesday. If a student would still like to join a club, we would be happy to have them. They should reach out to their teacher who will work with the club advisor to get them added to the club.
- Athletics Updates: As shared yesterday, you can find all information regarding athletics by looking at the RMS 2020 – 2021 Athletics Flyer.
- Laptops: For students who do not have a school-issued or personal device, they may borrow one each day at school. The process for students who need a laptop will be the same as it was in the first semester. They will pick it up each morning on their way to class at the Media Center and will drop it off in the afternoon.
Rolesville Middle School