January 29, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
What an exciting week back as we got to see so many of our students for the start of second semester. Hopefully students were able to enjoy a little snow as well! It’s another busy and exciting week coming up at RMS. Please read below for the latest information.
- Second Semester Schedule: All schedules, along with any other information you may need, can be found on our Learning HQ site. This includes each team’s Wednesday schedule. You can access it by going here: Learning HQ link.
- Afternoon Attendance: Overall, we have seen a great transition to our new schedule. We will continue to work with students to ensure they understand the new schedule.
One trend we noticed was that attendance seemed to drop slightly in afternoon classes. Please remind students that on the new schedule it is critical they are attending all classes. Please remind them that electives and P.E. are just as important as their other classes.
- Clubs: We are looking forward to beginning our virtual clubs. We are excited to offer 12 different opportunities for students. Students may only attend one club, but the list provides a good variety of options.
You can view a description of all clubs by going here: Club Descriptions. This document has been set up for anyone to view this. Please take a look at it with your child and then have them sign up for the club they would like to participate in. Of course, clubs are not a requirement, but we do hope it will provide students with an opportunity to connect and be involved in something they enjoy.
Students will need to be logged into their Wake ID to complete the sign-up form. They can access that by going here: Club Sign Up Form You can also direct them to our website and the link will be at very top of the site.
Sign up for clubs will be open until next Friday, February 5th. Clubs will begin the following Wednesday, February 10th. I will send more information about accessing the club in my weekly email next week.
- School Devices: Do you currently have a school or district issued Chromebook? If you have one of these devices but no longer need it, please contact the school ASAP to discuss returning it to school. We have several students on a wait list to receive a device.
- Language Arts Novels: If your child still has a Language Arts novel from 1st or 2nd quarter it is important those get returned. We have a drop box outside the front doors. Please return the book at any time and place it in the box. We appreciate your help with this.
- High School Curriculum Nights for 8th Graders: High School planning is right around the corner! Be sure to mark your calendars for upcoming high school virtual Curriculum Nights for Rising 9th Grade students. Also be sure to sign up for Remind to stay up to date with high school messages from your RMS counselors.
REMIND: Text the message @rmsg8 to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @rmsg8 to (919) 800-0946
CURRICULUM NIGHT DATES:
Rolesville HS: February 4th at 6:00 PM
Wake Forest HS: February 11th
Wakefield HS: February 3rd (Various times available)
Millbrook HS: February 18th at 6:30 PM
Curriculum Nights are virtual: Please visit www.rmsschoolcounselors.weebly.com and click under Registration for login information.
Rolesville Middle School