January 22, 2021
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
We are looking forward to seeing our students as we return on Monday. While we may be back in remote learning for now, we are excited about getting off to a great start for second semester. It is important that students are ready to go bright and early Monday morning.
- Second Semester Schedule: Please be sure students are ready for Monday by reviewing their schedule. You can find it by going here.
As a reminder, the Wednesday schedule does not include live instruction. Each team has created their own unique Wednesday schedule, which will provide a variety of opportunities to connect and engage with students.
Please be sure to check out your child’s Wednesday schedule and share it with them so they know what to expect. Your team will be sharing these with you, but they can also be found on our Learning HQ portion of our website. Click on the Learning HQ link and go to the “Schedule” tab. You will find all schedules in that section.
- Student Material Pick-Up: If you were unable to pick up necessary materials for second semester you may come by school any day next week between 9 – 2 and we will be happy to get these for you. Please use the buzzer at the front door and someone will come meet you outside.
- 2nd Quarter Report Cards: Any final assignments or work must be turned by the end of the day Monday. Grades will be finalized the following day. Report cards will be mailed home on Monday February 1st.
- 3rd Quarter Electives: Third quarter electives are posted in Powerschools and students should be able to see what elective they have. It is critical that students check their school email. Their new elective teacher has sent them a Google Classroom invitation, which they will need to access to attend class on Monday.
- Google Classroom and Meet Codes: Please remind students that it is not acceptable to share any of our school codes with peers at other schools. This creates the potential for students who do not attend RMS to enter classrooms, which can cause distractions. Additionally, please remind students that they should never enter a classroom at another school.
- High School Curriculum Nights for 8th Graders: High School planning is right around the corner! Be sure to mark your calendars for upcoming high school virtual Curriculum Nights for Rising 9th Grade students. Also be sure to sign up for Remind to stay up to date with high school messages from your RMS counselors. REMIND: Text the message @rmsg8 to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @rmsg8 to (919) 800-0946
CURRICULUM NIGHT DATES:
Rolesville HS: February 4th at 6:00 PM
Wake Forest HS: February 11th
Wakefield HS: February 3rd (Various times available)
Millbrook HS: February 18th at 6:30 PM
Curriculum Nights are virtual: Please visit www.rmsschoolcounselorsweebly.com and click under Registration for login information.
- School Pictures Have Arrived: I apologize for the confusion with picking up pictures over the past couple of days. Usually, all pictures are sent to the school and we distribute them to students. We were under the impression they would still be sent to school.
However, it appears that most folks chose the option to have them shipped directly to your home. If you look at your email confirmation of your order, there is fine print that indicates if they are being shipped to you or the school. If pictures don’t arrive in the next week or so, please reach out to me and I will follow up with Strawbridge.
- New Plan B Students: If you were VA in the fall and have switched to Plan B (in-person learning) and plan to ride the bus, it is critical that you complete the following two items:
- Bus Attestation Form (This acknowledges your agreement to follow district COVID procedures)
- Signing up to ride the bus (This form is to apply for transportation and lets you ride the bus.)
You will not be permitted to ride the bus without both forms being completed. Please complete these forms today. You can find these forms under the transportation link on our website or use the links provided. If you need help, please contact Mrs. Daeke in student services.
Rolesville Middle School