December 4, 2020
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
What a great week it has been with Cohort 2 here for their first week of in-person instruction. We look forward to seeing Cohort 3 on Monday. Here are some important updates and information:
- Update Regarding Second Semester: Our planning for second semester is going well and I wanted to provide you with a few updates. In most situations, if students are not changing the way they are participating (VA or Plan B) in the spring then they shouldn’t see any changes in their schedule or teachers. It may be necessary in some cases, but this will be a very small number.
For students who are switching their participation for the spring it is likely students will see some type of change. This may only be a schedule change, but staying on the same team or it may be a team and teachers change. We hope to communicate these changes with you prior to leaving for winter break.
In January, it will take us some time to make the changes in Powerschool. We will let you know when the information in Powerschools reflects these changes.
- Cohort Information for NEW Plan B Students: We will not have cohort assignments for students who are changing from VA to Plan B for second semester until later in January. These come to us from the district because they organize them for transportation purposes and to ensure siblings are assigned to the same cohort.
- Morning Carpool Temperature Checks: Remember to turn the heat down prior to arriving to school so we can take an accurate temperature reading. This will help to keep carpool moving efficiently.
- No Remote Learning Day This Week: Students should plan to come to school every day next week.
- Fall Picture Update:
Cohort 2: Pictures were taken today.
Cohort 3, Otters: I made a scheduling mistake with make-up pictures when I indicated they would be on December 14th. Cohort 3 is not here then. Strawbridge has kindly agreed to come out next week (Thursday) to complete these.
VA Students: There are a few remaining spots available for this afternoon if you would like to sign up. You can do that by going here. All slots for VA pictures on December 14th have been filled.
When students arrive, they should come to the front entrance and wait on a yellow “6-foot sticker” until they have been screened. They will then be taken to the room where pictures are being done. Students will be directed to exit out the side front entrance doors.
Pictures must be paid for online and students will need to bring a printed or screenshot picture of the proof of payment to provide to the photographer. Simply go to here and click “order pictures”. Use code FM354724.
- Student Material Pick-Up: All VA students should make plans to come by school on December 16th to pick up necessary instructional items for next quarter. These items include their next ELA novel and/or math workbooks.
You may come anytime between 7:30 am – 3:00 pm. Please arrive through carpool and wait in your vehicle until a staff member approaches. They will ask for your child’s name and then bring out the materials. With permission, you are welcome to pick up items for others. Plan B students will receive their materials on the week they are at school for in-person instruction.
Rolesville Middle School