November 30, 2020
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
Welcome back! Although it was a very different holiday, I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. We are excited to welcome our Cohort 2 students back this week! Some of the topics below are similar to my last message, but contain new information. Please be sure to read everything closely.
- Second Semester: At this time, we are not able to make any further changes to what you have chosen for second semester (Virtual Academy or Plan B). The WCPSS window closed several weeks ago, but we extended the window at the school due to the number of requests we were receiving.
We have officially begun the planning process for second semester, which means we must now move forward based on the information we have in terms of what students have signed up for in Second semester. You are welcome to email me directly regarding any requests, but please be aware we will likely not be able to make any changes at the present time.
Families who are on Plan B or transitioning to Plan B (in-person learning on 3-week rotations) should look closely at the second semester cohort calendar, which is included in this email. We hope to limit any cohort changes but it could be possible in order to balance class size to ensure social distancing.
For All students: We will be tracked out beginning Wednesday December 23rd – Friday January 22nd.
- Morning Carpool Temperature Checks: With colder temperatures arriving we know that a nice warm car is the best! However, last week we learned that it is also causing temperatures to register high. Please consider turning the heat down or rolling the windows just a bit as you are arriving to school. If a student registers 100.4 or higher we will need to wait a few minutes and conduct a re-screening.
- Remote Learning Day This Week: As a reminder, This Wednesday is a RL, asynchronous day. No students will report to school and there is no live instruction.
- Cohort Schedule for December: We welcome back Cohort 2 this week. Cohort 3 will return for their second week next Monday, December 7th. Cohort 1 will return for their second week on Monday, December 14th.
- PTA Fundraiser: We hope you will consider supporting the PTA with our one fundraiser for the year. They are currently selling the Attractions Coupon Book. These books have tremendous value and will pay for themselves after just a couple of uses.
Do you want to easily share our fundraiser with your family, friends, and co-workers? Just click on the link here and set up your Seller Page to share via text or email! It's easy!
Want to share our Order Page? Send them here!
Our Top 3 Sellers will receive a Gift Card! Details about our fundraiser are below along with a list of local merchants and restaurants in this year's book!
- Fall Picture Update:
VA students: We know there has been tremendous interest in pictures. We have added a third day for VA students this Friday, December 4th from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm. You can sign up for a time by going here.
Should these slots fill up we will add a 4th date. We will ensure all students who would like their picture taken have an opportunity to do so.
When students arrive, they should come to the front entrance and wait on a yellow “6 foot sticker” until they have been screened. They will then be taken to the room where pictures are being done. Students will be directed to exit out the side front entrance doors.
Plan B, Cohort 2 students will have their pictures taken on Friday, December 4th.
Plan B, Cohort 3 Otters will have their pictures taken on Monday, December 14th during the school day.
Pictures must be paid for online and students will need to bring a printed or screenshot picture of the proof of payment to provide to the photographer. Simply go to here and click “order pictures”. Use code FM354724.
- Student Material Pick-Up: We will be having a materials pick-up during the day on Wednesday, December 16th. More information to come on times, but please plan to stop through carpool to pick up important instructional materials. You may pick items up for other students and encourage you to do so if you are able to help out.
Rolesville Middle School