October 23, 2020
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
It’s been a great first week back! We’re looking forward to a great second quarter. There are many important items below so please read carefully.
- Report cards: Report cards are being mailed home on Tuesday. In addition to the report card you may find some other important items. I want to bring these to your attention.
- Parent Portal Request Form: If this form is included it means you do not currently have access. Parent Portal is an important tool for you to see how your child is doing throughout the quarter. It will allow you to see current grades and you can set alerts for when grades are updated, including missing assignments and more.
To sign up for this valuable resource you will need to complete the form. You should then scan it or take a picture of it. Next, please email the completed form and a picture ID to our Data Manager and she will process the request for you. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t want to wait, you may get the form now from our website. You can find it under the “parents” tab.
- BYOD form: If your child is on Plan B and we do not have a “Bring Your Own Device” form on file we have included one with their report card. To use a device when they return in November this must be on file. You should complete this form and send it in to give their teacher the first day they come to school.
- New schedule Starting Monday: Remember that our updated schedules for 2nd quarter begin on Monday. Teachers have been discussing these updates with students this week. You can find updated schedules by clicking here. Scroll down and click on the link for your child’s team.
- Virtual Academy: The window to update your decision about participating in Virtual Academy (VA) has been updated and will now be open until November 4th. You can click here for the VA Registration and scroll down to the section for “middle / high”.
Students who are registered in VA for the entire year and who wish to remain registered for the spring semester do not need to take any action.
Students who are not currently registered in VA and who do not wish to register for the spring semester also do not need to take any action.
- Returning to School Videos: We are in the final stages of preparing our school for the return of students on November 9th. Next week we will be filming a series of short videos, which highlight the processes and procedures students can expect when we return. Some of these videos will include morning arrival (carpool, bus, and walker), lunch, and movement throughout the school.
Rolesville Middle School