August 25, 2020
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
What a great first week we had! It has been wonderful to see so many of our students online and engaging in their learning. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work out any kinks and issues. Here are a few important items I want to share with you:
- Powerschools: We are happy to report that we have finalized all the updates to Powerschools and it will go live tomorrow at 4:00 pm. A few things to keep in mind:
- There are likely still some errors. We are aware of these and will continue working on them.
- You will see nothing scheduled for electives past 1st quarter (unless you are already enrolled in a semester or year long elective). Due to the significant amount of work that goes into making changes, we are waiting to make any updates to future electives until we have a clearer picture of what 2nd quarter may look like.
- Powerschools Access: If you are a rising 6th grader or new to WCPSS you likely do not have access to Powerschools. In most years, completing the request form is a regular part of our “back-to-school” checklist. This year is a little different and we have had to adjust how parents make the request.
To request Powerschools access you will need to fill out the Request Form, which can be found by clicking on this link.
Please email the completed form along with a picture of your ID (typically a driver’s license) to firstname.lastname@example.org She will confirm your information and will reply with the information you need to access Powerschools. We anticipate 100’s of requests so please be patient as she works to respond to these requests.
- Devices: We were informed today that all families of middle school students who made a device request submitted through the WCPSS survey have been contacted to pick up their device. If you have not received that email, please first check your junk folder. If you still have not received that email, please contact Mr. Martinez for assistance. His email is email@example.com
If you submitted a device request through the yellow form that was in the first day folders you picked up, we are entering those requests and submitting them to WCPSS. They are reviewing those requests every two days and you will be contacted by WCPSS with instructions once your device is ready to be picked up.
- Student/parent handbook: Typically, we provide a hard copy of the handbook during the first week of school. Due to the unique nature of this year, we are providing a link to the handbook online. If you would like a hard copy you may contact us at school to arrange a time to pick one up. The handbook can be found here: https://www.wcpss.net/handbook
I hope everyone has a great week! We will continue to keep you updated and informed with any new information we receive. We appreciate your kind words and support as we continue to move into the 2020 – 2021 school year.
Rolesville Middle School