August 14. 2020
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
I hope everyone has had a great week! It’s hard to believe that we are only 3 days away from the first day of the 2020 – 2021 school year. It will certainly be a school year like no other, but we are committed to making it a great year!
- First Day of School: We are so excited for Monday. We know that this year will be different and there are likely some nerves and anxiety about starting the year, but if we all believe that we can do it, then we will. Now more than ever, we want to extend grace and kindness to one another. Here are a few important things to note for the first day and week of school.
- To attend Google Meets and/or work within Google Classroom, students must be logged into their Wake ID. If you are having trouble logging into Wake ID, the best and fastest resolution is to reach out to your teacher who can reset it for you.
- For general questions please first check our website and visit our “Remote Learning HQ” This will be your “one-stop shop” for all things related to this school year. At the top of our school website (http://www.wcpss.net/rolesvillems) you will see the “Remote Learning HQ” link.
- If you are unable to find what you need on the website, please reach out to your child’s teacher. If they are not able to assist, they will pass your message on to the right person.
- Daily Attendance: It is critical that daily attendance is still taken. You should expect for students to be required to complete a very brief form each morning. The time may vary based on schedules, but each day they need to complete that form. They will need to be logged into their Wake ID, which will collect a time stamp. If students are not completing this form each day we assume they are absent and will be following up with phone calls. Please help us to make sure we have an accurate account of student attendance. Teachers will also be taking attendance each class period during live instruction.
- Devices: We recognize that some families are waiting for a device from WCPSS or have completed our school-based survey for a device. We want you to know that your child will not be penalized if they are unable to attend or participate prior to getting their device. We do encourage them to log in through their phone, if they have one, until they get their device.
- Student Information Form: Please be sure to complete this ASAP so we have current and accurate student information.
- Power School Access: We are getting closer to being able to provide access and accurate information in Powerschools. We appreciate your patience with this. By the end of next week, you can expect to receive a survey, which will provide you an opportunity to request Powerschool access.