Return to Headlines
Early 2022 - 1.7.22 Memo
Happy New Year Leopard Families!
- Our Faculty/Staff and their families are beyond deserving of recognition. Their unwavering commitment to serving our Leopards is a blessing to our school community. Please consider nominating a LME Faculty/Staff Member for our January FSMoM by clicking here.
- We would like to thank our PTA as well as Pecks Taekwondo for providing a 'Fill the Fridge' breakfast for our staff this week. What a great way to end the first wild & crazy school week of 2022!
Health & Safety Guidance:
- Please review the updated WCPSS guidance related to covid positives and exposures. All updates were sent to families by WCPSS and are also posted on the WCPSS website.
- In addition to reporting illness to the classroom teacher, please include our covid coordinator, Ms. Hudson (email@example.com), on the communication. There are many processes we have to manage and clear communication is key.
- Leopards should bring a face covering that covers their nose, mouth, and chin daily.
- Should your child choose to wear a gaiter face covering, the gaiter must be doubled up and cover the nose, mouth, and chin.
- Lead Mine is working hard to ensure as much distance as possible when students are unmasked eating - whether snack or lunch.
- We appreciate family support in keeping children who are ill home.
- Please contact the school should you have questions about your child attending school based on family situations.
- Please provide a change of clothes in your child's bookbag. Mud, milk, and many other messes occurred this week! We are out of many sizes and cannot promise to have spare clothes on hand to fit your Leopard. If a Leopard needs a change and does not have one in their bookbag, we will be calling to have someone bring what is needed.
- We continue to seek candidates interested in the following positions:
- HI Teacher
- 2nd grade teacher
- Covid Support Person
- K-5 Instructional Assistant
- 1st grade LTS Support
- Please be mindful that in addition to permanent positions, we are in need of subs to serve our Leoaprds daily.
- All WCPSS operational departments are having staff shortages. We will communicate what we know, when we know it regarding transportation or other disruptions.
Thank you all for the positive support you provide our school every day. There is strength in numbers ~ sticks bound together can't be broken!