Happy New Year 2022! - 1.1.22 Memo
Happy New Year 2022! We are looking forward to starting our new calendar year strong!
We hope this message finds you all doing well and having enjoyed quality time with family and friends!
We are attempting to keep our Lost & Found closet empty - please help by labeling all items your Leopard may leave somewhere - jackets, water bottles, lunch boxes, sweatshirts, etc.
Now that we are coming back together as a Leopard Family, we are going to ask that all our protocols be reviewed.
In order to maintain the positive health and safety of all our Leopards, we ask that you do the following:
- Please send a spare set of clothing in your child's bookbag. We don't always have replacement clothes in every size available and this will support our Leopards should they fall in mud, spill food or drink on themselves, or any other number of reasons to need a change of pants or shirt.
- Send your Leopard to school each day with a face covering - many had been arriving on campus without their masks in December.
- Remind your Leopards to wash their hands frequently, the masking expectations of covering the nose, mouth & chin at all times while indoors, and respecting others' personal space.
- Send your child to school with a coat and a towel. We will continue with outdoor lunch on all dry days where the temperature is close to or at 50 degrees or above.
- If your child is not feeling well, we ask that you follow the WCPSS protocols listed below:
Stay home when sick.
You may not enter a WCPSS facility if you have been:
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
When students can return to school
Students who are not feeling well but do not have one of the COVID-19 symptoms listed above may return to school 24 hours after they have a fever (without the use of fever reducing medicine) AND they have felt well for 24 hours. The health care provider is not required to detail the specifics of an alternate diagnosis.
View wcpss.net/WhenToReturn for requirements to return after a COVID-19 diagnosis, exposure, or symptoms.
- Thursday, January 20th, 7:00pm, General PTA Meeting, all are welcome to learn more about and get involved in the amazing work done by the LME Parent Teacher Organization!
- Every 3 (three) years, the EPA requires the school system to have the asbestos materials re-inspected by an accredited Asbestos Inspector or Management Planner. Click Here to view the updated WCPSS Asbestos notification.