Back to School 2021-2022 - 8.20.21 Memo
Welcome Back to the 2021-2022 School Year!
Return to Campus
- 1st - 5th grade car riders should arrive on campus between 8:00am and 8:25am to be seated and ready to begin their day by 8:30am. 1st-5th grade families will not be permitted to walk their Leopards to class.
- Kindergarten Staggered Entry car riders report between 8:30am-8:45am to check in, take pics, and settle into their Kindergarten staggered entry classroom. One adult may walk their Kindergartener to their staggered entry classroom this week.
- Bus Riders please check your routes on the website linked here. Patience will be key :o) and we thank you in advance.
- Special Transportation will use the bus loop to drop off.
What to Bring to School
- A face covering (and extras if you feel a change will be needed throughout the day).
- If you already have a WCPSS chromebook, please bring to school charged each day.
- Water fountains remain closed. Please bring a labeled water bottle.
- We will eat outside each day the weather permits. Please bring a labeled towel to use for picnic lunching.
- Leopards may pack their lunch or receive lunch from our cafeteria.
- A smile and much laughter!
When to Stay Home
All students should have their temperature taken every day at home before coming to school. They may not enter a WCPSS facility if:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness:
- 100.4° fever or higher
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
Students who are not feeling well but do not have one of the COVID-19 symptoms listed above may return to school after they have gone at least 24 hours without a fever or the use of fever-reducing medicine.
View wcpss.net/WhenToReturn for requirements to return after a COVID-19 diagnosis, exposure, or symptoms.
- Begins at 3:00pm and all Leopards should be picked up by 3:30pm
- Leo's Cubhouse does begin school day one.
- Walkers and bike riders will meet their families on the sidewalk at the front of the building. We ask that you walk down the sidewalk to receive them. They will not be crossing the parking lot crosswalk.
- Carpool will zigzag through the parking lot and students will meet the car at a colored cone along the curb. Please pull forward to the farthest cone and your child will walk down to meet you. Children will be placed into the car on the right side only.
- K and 1 bus riders MUST have an adult waiting at the bus stop for them. If there is not an adult, the child will be returned to school.
- Buses are reporting later dismissal times for Lead Mine - please check campus departure time on the website linked here to ensure K and 1 parents are at the stops to receive the children.
- Special Transportation will use the bus loop to pick up.
TOGETHER, we will make this a better than normal school year! We thank you in advance for your committment to ensuring all our Leopards remain healthy and in our building!
Let's do this!
For the Love of ALL our Leopards!
Jena Kehler, Principal