Happy Memorial Day Weekend! - 5.28.21 Memo
Happy Memorial Day Weekend To All!
Our Leopards are doing an amazing job as we end the school year! End of year benchmark assessments, meeting a high level of behavioral expectations, and containing the excitement we are all feeling as summer is on our horizon! We are excited to be able to finish this less than typical year strong - all because we have common goals to support our Little Leopards with loving, learning, and leading!
This week's updates/reminders are below:
- Monday, May 31 - No School
- Wednesday, June 2 - 3rd Grade Math EOG
- Thursday, June 3 - 4th Grade Math EOG
- Friday, June 4 - 5th Grade Math EOG
- Tuesday, June 8 - 5th Grade Science EOG
- Lead Mine Before/After Care Registration
- Click Here if you would like to begin the registration process for your Leopard to attend the before school care program here at Lead Mine. Click Here if you would like to begin the registration process for your Leopard to attend the after-school care program here at Lead Mine. If doing both, both registrations would be completed. The registration(s) can be dropped off at the front office during our office hours (summer hours 9:00am to 3:00pm) or mailed to Lead Mine Elementary BAS, 8301 Old Lead Mine Road, Raleigh, NC, 27615
Reminders from our May 14th parent messenger:
CORRECTION TO FNO EVENT DATES:
- Please note last week's message listed the incorrect dates for our June FNO - the correct dates are Tuesday, June 8 and Wednesday, June 9.
- Click Here to learn more about the 'trifecta' June Family Nights Out!
Face Covering Guidance Update
- When outdoors and able to six foot distance, students and staff will have the opportunity to unmask. Lead Mine will hold to the recommendation of those unvaccinated being encouraged to distance six feet if unmasked, even when outdoors. Masks are optional outdoors and staff will therefore not require students to keep them on or put them back on while outdoors...this is a personal choice, students and staff may unmask or remain masked.
Leaving Lead Mine?
- If you know your K-4 Leopard will be transitioning schools for the 2021-2022 school year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. She will need your Leopard's name and the new school they will be attending. Thank you in advance!
- Students remaining in WCPSS will keep their chrome books over the summer. If your family is leaving WCPSS, please return the laptop by June 11, 2021.
- All hotspots should be returned to school by June 11, 2021.
Wishing you all a safe, happy, and healthy long weekend!
For the Love of Lead Mine,
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal