Welcome Back! - 3.19.21 Memo
Happy Almost Spring to All!
What a great first week back with all our Leopards who chose Plan A! The tremendous amount of effort to prepare truly paid off and we could not be prouder of our faculty, staff, students, and families! The resilience Lead Mine continues to demonstrate is to be commended. It seems as though Mother Nature is tag-teaming with the pandemic to push us to our limits...but as we have done all year, we persevere! There is a great deal happening at the state and district levels that effect the work we do at the school level. Please be sure to read the updates below to keep up with the everchanging landscape.
State and District Updates:
- New proposals for Quarter Four will be presented to the WCPSS School Board at a special session called for Monday evening. One proposal includes the revision of the quarter four teacher work days. For planning purposes, please have the following change on your radar as if approved by the board, the changes will apply to days students will or will not be on campus - the proposal is for the May 13th Teacher Work Day to be moved to April 7th. Students would not return from Spring Break until Thursday, April 8th (not Wednesday, April 7th) and they would be attending class on Thursday May 13th. We will keep you posted once the school board makes a final decision.
- In alignment with SB220, all families who have the desire to change learning platforms (From VA to Plan A or Plan A to VA) should contact Ms. Kehler and Ms. Hudson by April 1st. Please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org so that we are aware of your desire.
- Please note, any and all changes may initiate changes in teachers, changes in instructional delivery, and the potential of combination grade level classes as we will still be required to meet class size law mandates.
- Our goal will be to have new class assignments communicated to those wishing to change by Tuesday, April 6th, with the start date being the first instructional day following Spring Break.
Weekly Updates from the Mine:
- Kids Heart Challenge - CLICK HERE to learn more! Still have questions? Email Coach Hills at email@example.com.
Original Works of Art - Lead Mine has teamed up with Original Works to offer a creative program designed to transform your child’s artwork or your photographs on to custom keepsakes! CLICK HERE to learn more!
- Quarter Three ends next week. Report cards will be posted or sent home after Spring Break.
- Wednesday, March 24th is an Asynchronous Learning Day. All students will access learning via their Google Classrooms.
- Wednesday, March 24th is also the PTA Fundraiser pre-order Spring Flower pick up. Please plan to pick up ordered flowers between 4:00-6:30pm in the carpool line.
- The K-2 Decoding Parent Session recordings (English and Spanish) from this week's parent night event are posted to our school website.
Our final quarter of the 2020-2021 school year is upon us! Thank you for your support as we've worked through this year...and in advance for your support as we finish strong!
Have a great weekend!
For the love of Lead Mine,
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal