Return to Campus - 2.12.2021 Memo
As we excitedly prepare for our return to campus, we ask that you pay close attention to the district emails you are receiving as there are important pieces of information for families to be aware of, particularly if your Leopard is returning to campus for the first time this school year.
No School for Students on Monday and Tuesday.
We will have staff available to walk new learners to their classroom.
Older siblings may walk younger siblings to class.
Parents will not be permitted to walk their children to class.
Lead Mine's updates are listed below:
- Before and After School Care Needs
- Please click here to learn more about the before and after school program the YMCA is running this school year.
- Riding a School Bus
- The school bus attestation form must be completed and given to the driver prior to riding a WCPSS school bus.
- Student Accountability Plan
- All students should have a signed student accountability plan on file at the school. This should be sent in with your Leopard on their first on campus day.
- Morning drop off will begin at 8:00am and will zig-zag through the parking lot and be directed when to proceed for a health assessment. Each child will be screened prior to being directed to the building. Parents may not proceed until their child passes the health screening.
- Please take tobaggans off and do not sit our Leopards in front of the car heat as that elevates their temperatures.
- Afternoon pick up begins at 3:00pm and is generally done by 3:15pm. Please plan to be present on campus for pick up by 3:15pm.
- Weather permitting...carpool numbers/hangers will be distributed at morning and/or afternoon carpool.
- When to Stay Home and When Students Can Return
- LME will follow the guidance linked here related to when students should stay home and when they can return. There are 'living in the same household' information included.
- All students with a WCPSS chromebook who will be returning to campus should bring the WCPSS device to campus each day. We have distributed all our devices and no longer have them in the classrooms. If your child would like to bring their personal device, there is a Bring Your Own Device document to review and sign off on.
We are excited to be welcoming our Leopards back into the building! Please reach out to your teachers should you have questions about return. Have a great long weekend!
For the Love of Lead Mine,
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal