Happy Thanksgiving - 11.20.2020 Memo
Happy Thanksgiving Week to all our Leopard Families. We've perservered through many months of new situations, changes, and challenges. This coming week...let us take time each and every day to reflect upon all we are blessed with, grateful for, as well as our hopes & dreams as we move into the final month of 2020.
Thanksgiving Week Reminders:
- Monday & Tuesday
- Asynchronous Remote Learning Days - Students will complete activities in their Google Classrooms each day - with attendance being taken using turned in assignments. There are NO STUDENTS on campus this week.
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday
- No School - Have an amazing Thanksgiving Break!
- Week of November 30
- All Plan B Regional Programs, K-3 and Cohort B 4th & 5th graders on campus
- Wednesday, December 2 - Asyncronous Remote Learning Wednesday
- Thursday, December 3 - Fall Picture Day for 3rd Grade, Cohort B 4th & 5th graders, and VA learners via sign up
- Virtual Book Fair - look for information from the PTA about our Virtual Fall Book Fair - starting the week of November 30th!
- Tuesday, December 1
- Poinsettia Pick Up - Lead Mine Carpool Loop - please drive through between 3:00-3:30 or 5:00-7:00pm to pick up your pre-ordered Poinsettias! Thank you for supporting our Fall Fundraiser!
- Thursday, December 3
- 3rd grade and VA Fall Picture Day.
- VA Learners sign up HERE. On picture day, come to back gym door, complete health assessment, get your picture taken, and you're done. Please wear a mask. A final picture day for our VA learners will occur on December 10th.
- Semester Two Virtual Academy
- You only need to change your student's registration if you wish to change your choices.
- You don't need to complete the application if:
- Your student is currently registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the full year and wishes to continue for the spring semester;
- Your student is currently registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the fall semester only and wishes to switch to Plan A/B/C for the spring semester;
- Your student is registered for Plan A/B/C and you wish to continue with Plan A/B/C.
Ignore Read More...the WCPSS page is broken. This website won't let me delete?
- You should complete the application if:
- Your student is not currently registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester but wants to be;
- Your student registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the fall only and wants to continue for the spring semester;
- Your student is registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy in the spring semester, but wants to change to Plan A/B/C.
Ignore the Read More...the WCPSS page is broken. This website won't let me delete?
- The registration window will be December 2 - December 9.
- There will be NO CHANGES once the window closes.
- Semester Two - January 20, 2021
- Wearing a face covering will be mandatory.
- Washing our hands will occur frequently.
- Waiting six feet apart will happen when feasible - please note, in Plan A, social distancing is not feasible in all locations.
- 'Seeing' Inside Lead Mine
- We are posting pictures to Twitter to 'show' what we are doing inside and outside the school building to keep our Little Leopards as safe as we can.
- Please check our Twitter, @Lead_Mine, to 'see' what school looks like as we attempt to social distance the learners.
- Health Assessments
- Those arriving each morning must pass a health assessment, inlcuding questions and a temperature check. Please turn your heat down to allow your child's body temperature to regulate prior to having their temperature taken.
- School Counselor Newsletter
- Please click here to see our weekly school counselor newsletter!
Please take time to enjoy your families, while continuing to follow the 3Ws. We are working hard to keep our schools open and request your support with following holiday protocols that will support the work we are doing each day to remain safe.
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal