Veterans Day - 11.6.2020 Memo
We had another successful week of face to face learning with our Regional Program & K-3 cohort B learners! Our Regional Program & K-3 cohort C learners will report to campus Monday, November 9th, while all 4/5 and cohorts A, B, and VA work remotely.
- Health Attestation Form - Bus Riders - Parents of students who plan to ride the bus this school year MUST submit a health attestation form. This form states that you and your child will abide by all health and safety protocols for bus ridership. Students are not permitted to ride the bus until this form has been submitted. Parents will need to submit a form for all of their children who plan to ride the bus during the 2020-21 school year. The form is available online in English and Spanish at wcpss.net/busform.
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11 is a holiday, with no school for staff or students. Take the day to Honor our Military Veterans! Thank you Veterans!
- School Psychology Awareness Week - a huge shout out to our very own WCPSS School Psychologist of the Year, Ms. Erica Nivens, as we spend the week highlighting the important work she does to help Lead Mine educators and students thrive! Thank you, Ms. Nivens!
- Semester Two - WCPSS will propose a full return to campus for all K-5 and Regional Program students not enrolled in the Virtual Academy beginning January 20, 2021. This is considered Plan A. We will do our best to remain safe, but need for all to know that social distancing with a full student body will not be possible in all areas.
- Virtual Academy - the elementary virtual academy window will be open from December 2 - December 9. This will provide families with the opportunity to choose Virtual Academy for semester two (January 20, 2021) or to opt out of Virtual Academy for semester two (January 20, 2021). If you opt in, you remain in VA for the remainder of the school year. If you opt out, you return to campus through the end of the school year.
- Semester Two Classes - semester two class rosters will be created once we have the data from the parent choices for semester two learning platforms. This data will not be available until mid to late December. Our goal is to keep students with their current teachers, but due to not knowing parent choices, we cannot promise rosters will remain as they are.
- Breakfast & Lunch - school breakfast & lunch is now free to all students ages 18 years and younger through June 20, 2021!
- Harris Teeter TIE Rewards- please be sure to attach your Harris Teeter Together in Education Reward card to Lead Mine, account 2231. Have you family, friends, and neighbors do the same! This earns our PTA 'free' money each time HT items are purchased!
- Thank You! - a humongous thank you to Jason Edwards and his daughter's Scouts BSA Patrol Group! They spent hours this past weekend tidying up our outdoor classroom space! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- November Faculty/Staff Member of the Month - CLICK HERE to nominate excellence you have observed. Students are welcome to nominate as well!
- 2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration - Kindergarten registration for next school year is now open. Please visit our school website to learn more! Register early to ensure a seat - Lead Mine is currently a capped school.
- Weekly School Counselor Newsletter
Have a weekend full of joy!
For the Love of Lead Mine,
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal