Return To Campus Soon! - 10.9.2020 Memo
In two short weeks we will be welcoming back our Plan B Regional Programs and our K-3 Learners in one week rotations! We are actively preparing and practicing our protocols and are hopeful that you all are doing the same!
Below are some helpful links, hints, and thoughts related to returning:
- CLICK HERE to read the Return to Campus Guide for Families.
- Signature Page - upon our return to campus, all families will provide a signature stating they understand and agree to the expectations of learners when on campus. This documentation will be forthcoming.
- All families should have received a communication regarding Plan B or VA plans through January 15, 2020. Plan B teachers shared cohorts and Ms. Kehler sent emails about cohorts, dates, and virtual academy window reopening in mid-October.
- Plan B Learner Medications - if your learner is a Plan B child who requires school day medication administration, we will be receiving medications on campus the week of October 19, 2020. We ask that you check in the medications anytime between 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Ring the doorbell and a staff member will come out to check in the medications.
- Before/After School Care - The YMCA will be facilitating our before and after school on campus child care. We have not received specific information on this program (hours, cost, registration, etc.) and will share information as soon as we have more to share. Leos' Cubhouse will not be run by Lead Mine this school year.
- Wear a Mask - this will be required while on any WCPSS campus. This is to protect yourself and others from potential exposure.
- Wash Your Hands - frequently, for 20 seconds, with soap and water. This descreases the likelihood of spreading germs.
- Wait Six Feet Apart - social distancing will be practiced to the extent possible while on campus. Air hugs, Air High Fives, and Air Fist Bumps!
- Well Done! - we have talent at Lead Mine! The 2nd Annual Virtual Academy Talent Show did not disappoint. Congratulations to all our courageous Little Leopards for performing in front of a virtual audience of approximately 75!
In the words of one of our teachers...information is coming fast and furious. Please be sure to continue to check your email and your texts for information coming from Wake County Public Schools as well as Lead Mine Elementary. Our goal is to keep you up to date on decisions as they occur.
Thank you for your continued support as we engage in our transition to face to face, on campus learning for our Plan B/Plan A Little Leopards!
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal