Welcome October - 10.2.2020 Memo
Happy Optimistic October to all our Little Leopards and their Families!
There has been a great deal of new information approved by our Board of Education this week. We are hoping to be able to support you with organizing and planning for where we are going! Here is what the board has put into action:
- All Regional Program and K-3 students who are on Plan B will return to the building October 26th in a cohort rotation having 1 week in-person and 2 weeks learning at home
- All Regional Program and K-3 students who are on Plan B will return to the building daily starting November 16th
- All 4-5 students who are on Plan B will return to the building November 16th in a cohort rotation having 1 week in-person and 2 weeks learning at home for the remainder of the semester.
What we know:
Virtual Academy Fall and All Year will remain VA through January.
The Virtual Academy Window will reopen (soon) so that ALL families can decide on what is best for them moving into Semester Two (January 2021 - June 2021).
Lead Mine will revisit class rosters and staffing once we have the data from the new Virtual Academy Window.
Current Plan B students, those who chose Plan B in August, your classroom teachers will be communicating your Cohort (A,B or C) with you soon. All Plan B learners will phase back in as a member of a cohort prior to returning all students to the building. We will share the specific phase in dates next week - or you can see them on our website calendar :o).
For all current Plan B, soon to be Plan A Little Leopards, those who chose the Plan B option in August - please begin to prepare minds, bodies, and beings to return to campus by doing the following:
- Wearing a mask daily - maybe while working on their independent work, playing outside, in their Google Classrooms. Masks will be required at all times other than when a child is eating.
- Washing hands - practice appropriately washing hands with soap and water. This will be done after transitions in the building and prior to and after eating.
- Wait six feet apart - we will be using six foot social distancing in all areas of our campus, in the classroom, hallways, common areas, and outside.
Practicing those specific health and safety protocols will support a smooth transition to the expectation when they return to campus.
Please note the following October dates on your family calendars:
- Wednesday, October 7 - LME Asynchronous Remote Learning Day
- Wednesday, October 7 - 'Lately with Lead Mine Leadership' - spend a virtual hour with Principal Kehler and Assistant Principal Hudson learning about our next steps in preparing for our return to campus. Please CLICK HERE to notate questions you may have around various topics that we will share about. Time - 12:00pm-1:00pm CLICK HERE for the Google Meet Link Code
- Thursday, October 8 - LME Virtual Talent Show, 6:00pm
- Wednesday, October 14 - LME Asynchronous Remote Learning Day
- Thursday, October 22 - End of Quarter One
- Thursday, October 22 - READing is FUNdamental Virtual Family Academy Event, 6:30pm - English & Spanish!
- Friday, October 23 - Teacher Work Day, No School for Students
- Monday, October 26 - Regional Programs and K-3 Cohort A report to school this week.
Honor a Faculty/Staff Member:
- SEPTEMBER Faculty/Staff Member of the Month -recipient was Ms. Sarah Burton! Ms. Burton has accepted a full time teaching position at Sanderson High School...Lead Mine's loss is Sanderson's gain! Congratulations to Ms. Burton!
- OCTOBER Faculty/Staff Member of the Month - CLICK HERE to nominate our next excellent employee!
As always...we thank you for your continued support of our school community! Sticks bound together cannot be broken...together we are better!
For the Love of Lead Mine,
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal