Mid-Quarter - 9.25.2020 Memo
Weekly Updates from the Mine:
- Phase In Plan - The WCPSS school board proposed a phase back to campus plan that will be voted upon this coming Tuesday. Lead Mine learned of this plan at the same time the public learned of this plan. We are working closely with the district on guidance regarding what this looks like at the school level in regards to the 3 Ws - wear a mask, wash your hands, wait six feet apart. Lead Mine will follow all district expectations in regards to Covid Precautions and will communicate those to all once they are solidly in place. We appreciate your patience as we plan for having our Little Leopards safely back on campus.
- Asynchronous Days - The school board approved schools scheduling one asynchronous learning day a week to support staff and students with the time needed to plan for and keep up with virtual learning activities. Lead Mine will begin having what has been renamed "Remote Learning Days" on Wednesdays, beginning October 7th. Once Plan B begins, the district will publish the specific dates for district wide "Remote Learning Wednesdays". Click Here for an infographic to learn more about what 'Remote Learning Days' will look like.
- Privacy - In order to honor the privacy of others, we ask that families NOT take pictures of the Google Meet Classrooms or Video Tape from behind.
- Interim Reports - If you did not receive your child's interim report, please reach out to their teacher.
- No School for Students Monday - Monday is a Teacher Work Day, there will be no school for students.
- Custodial Appreciation Day - Please take a moment to send a shout out to our one and only Ms. Kendra. She single handily keeps our building in tip-top shape. Custodial Appreciation Day is Friday, October 2nd.
- Spirit Wear Orders - Our PTA received word that the Spirit Wear Orders done during promotional periods are NOT being shipped directly to homes. We are coming up with a plan to have a pick up parade...we will keep you posted as the plans are completed.
- Reading is Fundamental Parent Academy - Save the Date, Thursday, October 22, 2020, 6:30pm-7:30pm will be our first Parent Academy Event this school year. This event will be delivered virtually in English and in Spanish! Reading is fundamental to function in today’s society and in developing a good self-image. One of the most effective approaches to help children develop literacy skills is having a home environment that encourages reading in daily life. The parents will learn how to support the development of their child’s literacy at home.
- Counselor Corner - please CLICK HERE to view this week's school counseling updates!
We appreciate your continued commitment to supporting our Little Leopards with growing socially (from a distance), emotionally, and academically. Please reach out should you have any need for guidance as we continue with our remote teaching and learning experience!