Leopards Learning - 9.4.2020 Memo
Happy Friday going into a looooooong, well-deserved, three-day Labor Day Weekend! Please review the Lead Mine 2020-2021 reminders listed below:
- Virtual Learning World - Thank you to all parents for supporting your child(ren) and teachers as they navigate this new school year, new learning environment and new expectations. Thanks also for your flexibility as we continue to work through adjustments that the beginning of the 2020-21 school year will bring us. Below are some friendly reminders:
- create a space for your child that allows them to focus with limited distractions.
- we encourage you to support your child with learning, while still allowing them to engage in productive struggle.
- strike a balance of letting your child do the work and struggle through it while accessing the teacher for support.
- allow the students to take the driver's seat.
- allow the teacher to make observations and collect accurate data around what support learners may need from the teacher.
- keep your chins up...we are in this marathon together!
- Faculty Member of the Month - our monthly recognition program is back! Click Here to nominate a faculty or staff member you have recognized loving, learning, & leading!
- Save the Dates - our Fall Virtual Open House Events are now on the calendar! Links will come from classroom teachers.
- Tuesday, September 22
- 5:00-5:45pm - Ms. Brown, Ms. Hopwood & Ms. Darden-Perry's Classes
- 5:30-6:15pm - 4th grade
- 6:15-7:00pm - 5th grade
- Wednesday, September 23
- 5:30-6:15pm - 2nd grade
- 6:15-7:00pm - 3rd grade
- Thursday, September 24
- 5:30-6:15pm - Kindergarten
- 6:15-7:00pm - 1st Grade
- Tuesday, September 22
- Positivity Project Family Resources - P2 now offers online resources for families! Click Here to view the P2 for Families. Most pages are password protected and the password is: P2. *Please note that it is case sensitive and is simply a capital letter “P” and the number “2”. We hope that our families enjoy this new resource!
- Tech Support - please CLICK HERE to view technology support guides provided by WCPSS.
- Live Instruction - In order to maintain a safe & secure online environment, LME staff will not be admitting any individual into live instruction meets. Please have your child log in to their live instruction using their Wake ID. Logging in through their Wake ID increases the security of the meet. If your child has to be 'admitted' to the meet, your child is not connected to their Wake ID. Thank you for supporting our safety & security measures.
- Live Instruction Part Two - please be mindful of cameras and microphones being on during live instruction. The cameras and microphones capture 'background' images and voices.
Wishing you all a screen-free, family-focused weekend full of love, laughter, and living!
Jena Wojdylo-Kehler, Principal