Together We are Better - 7.17.2020
Unchartered waters, unprecedented times, builidng what we've never dreamed of having to build, pandemic circumstances - we are better together! Just wanted to start by sharing how much I appreciate our Lead Mine Community coming together to support each other in whatever way we can, for whatever we may be facing. Our staff, our families, our community will emerge on the other side of this stronger. WE > me !
Please review the updates below:
- Plan B, Plan C, and Virtual Academy - if your family chooses to sign up for the WCPSS Virtual Academy, they can remain in the Virtual Academy through whatever time period they chose (January or June). This is STILL important IF we open under Plan C as we could potentially open under Plan C and move to Plan B in October. If the district moves to Plan B, the Virtual Academy still functions as the Virtual Academy.
- Changing Your Virtual Academy Registration - locate your confirmation email and click edit.
- Class Assignments/Teacher Assignments - we are unable to share class assignments or teachers assignments to platforms at this time as we do not know our Virtual Academy enrollment numbers. This information will be shared as soon as we have had time to gather the needed data, bus route groups are created at the district level, and we have time to then plan our groupings. Thank you in advance for your continued patience.
- Lead Mine Elementary - the large majority of our teachers want to be with children face to face, but want that under the safest possible conditions. Every decision our district is currently facing is being addressed with the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and families as the foundation.
- Personal Protective Equipment - thank you to the many families who have reached out to support the need for PPE. Please hold off on making purchases for donation at this time. WCPSS will be providing schools with a list of approved PPE in the event we feel we are in need of additional gear. This includes cleaning supplies, sanitizers, and face coverings.
- Kindergarten Parent Orientation Meeting - there will be a second Kindergarten orientation meeting (same information that was presented at this week's meeting) on Tuesday evening at 7:00pm. The link was shared with Kinder families earlier and will be reshared prior to the meeting.
- Kindergarten Connection Event 1 - our first Virtual Rising Kindergarten Connection Event will be Wednesday, July 22 at 1:00pm. A Google Meet link with be forthcoming! We look forward to seeing our Kinders faces and sharing your elementary school building with you!!! For those unable to make it, all information will be posted to our school website after each event.
Take some time for YOU this weekend. Hug your loved ones a little tighter. Remember...together we are better.
For the Love of Leading,
Jena Kehler, Principal