Ending May - 5.29.2020 Memo
Here are this week’s messages and reminders from the Mine:
- Congratulations - to our very own Erica Nivens, School Psychologist! She was the recipient of the WCPSS School Psychologist of the Year Award. We are so very proud of her and appreciate the work she does for our students, staff, and families each and every day!
- Thank You - to Callie Wright and Jennifer Heard who spent countless hours ensuring our 2019.2020 yearbook turned out spectacular! If you ordered a yearbook or two, they will be distributed on the ‘Wave Away Student Retrieval Days’.
- Virtual Super Kids Day! - Be on the lookout for information from Coach HIlls - he is planning a virtual Super Kids Day Monday, June 8th!
- Retrieval of Student Items - please mark your calendar for Tuesday, June 9th or Thursday June 11th. Lead Mine will have ‘Wave Away Student Retrieval Days’ in the carpool line. Wave Away days/times are for our K-4 learners and will take place on each of the following days/times:
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 - 11:00am to 1:00pm
Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
*Please note, there is a different plan for 5th graders...this special plan will be shared with 5th grade families by the 5th grade teachers.
- Turn in Items Borrowed - Lead Mine will only be collecting borrowed items from students leaving the Wake County Public School System. If you are leaving WCPSS, please return borrowed items (library books, chrome books, hotspots) on either of the ‘Wave Away Student Retrieval Days’ listed above.
- Student Services Support - the June 1st Newsletter is Linked Here.
Have a wonderful weekend!