Honoring Those Who Serve - 5.22.2020 Memo
Message from the Mine 5.22.2020
There is a great deal going on as we continue remote learning and plan virtual end of year events! Please continue to check our website for updates and/or email your teachers if you have questions about anything happening. We miss our Little Leopards and are working to ensure we finish strong in their honor!
- Memorial Day Weekend - sending Lead Mine love and appreciation to all those who have, do, and will serve our nation. We honor and mourn our fallen heroes.
- Remote Learning - our teachers will continue to provide learning opportunities remotely through Friday, June 12, 2020. Continuing to engage in these opportunities will provide your child with learning necessary as we begin the 2020-2021 school year.
- 2020-2021 School Year - the district released DRAFTS of the revised 2020-2021 school year. Students will return to school on Monday, August 17, 2020. This is a week earlier than originally scheduled. We will publish the final calendar as soon as the board of education approves the draft.
- Returning Items Borrowed from Lead Mine - ONLY students leaving WCPSS will need to return borrowed items such as chromebooks, hotspots, and library books. This can be done when you come to retrieve your child’s personal items (see below). Please have all items you are returning labeled with your child’s name. ALL other students, including 5th graders, will return items to the WCPSS school they attend when we return to school in the Fall.
- Retrieval of Items from Lead Mine - student items will be placed in labeled bags by the classroom teachers. 2020-2021 yearbooks will be included in your child's belongings if your family ordered one/two. We will have TWO carpool drive through opportunities for K-4 families to retrieve the bags of items. Each family can drive up to one of the carpool stations, their child’s first and last name will be called in via walkie talkie, and a member of the Lead Mine team will bring out the bags belonging to all learners in that family and place them in the vehicle.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020 - 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
*Please note, there is a different plan for 5th graders...this special plan will be shared with 5th grade families by the 5th grade teachers.
- Student Services Newsletter - linked here
Have a fantastic long weekend!