Leopard Love - 3.20.20 Memo
- WCPSS will remain closed through at least Friday, March 27, 2020. Information regarding the time beyond that will likely be shared next week.
- Thank you to our proactive PTA! They conducted a 24 hour food drive last week and have donated all the food to two organizations supporting families with food security during these uncertain times! They would also like to share the recent Wake County PTA Advocacy request...please click here to read more.
- WCPSS has designated breakfast and lunch drive through pick up locations for students under the age of 18. These are located around the county. Please click here to find one closest to you.
- Our courageous counselors and amazing admin intern will be continuing our College & Career Week events virtually! This will include our College and Career Spirit Days as well as Flip Grid videos of professionals sharing their careers! Please join in on the Spirit Week Fun!
College & Career Spirit Week
March 23rd Bright Futures – Wear neon or bright colors
March 24th Road to College Starts HERE – Wear blue/yellow
March 25th March Madness – Wear your favorite team
March 26th Future Profession Day – Dress up like your dream job
March 27th Dress for Success – was going to be Picture Day...so send us some pics!
- Our remarkable receptionist will be using our school web site to share pictures of our staff and student families throughout the closure. Please email pictures you’d like to share to LMERaleigh@gmail.com and check out our school website to see some Leopard Love!
- Thank you to our Dynamic Media/Tech Duo...they have created a newsletter to share how our Little Leopards can continue investigating and creating throughout the closure!
- WCPSS will be sharing distance learning resources with families. The resources are supplemental and will support learning the children have already engaged in this school year. The communication will come out directly from the district as well as be pushed to our school website. Be on the lookout for this soon!
Although our building is closed, our hearts are all wide open. Please take this gift of time to focus on your families. It is not often we are afforded the opportunity to slow down and focus on what is most important. I encourage each of you to do just that. Should there be anything you or your family needs, please reach out. Together we are better!
Sending Leopard Love,