June 5th Mustang News
Thank you to the families who helped with the 8th Grade Dance on Friday. From planning to set up to clean up, your support helped make for a wonderful evening for our 8th grade students.
EOG/EOC’s: End of Grade testing continues this for all students. The schedule is as follows:
- June 6th: Math 6 & 7
- June 7th: Math 8; Math 1; Math 2
- June 8th: ELA Make Ups
- June 9th: Math Make Ups
- June 10th: Science Make Ups
Students who are absent on their originally scheduled test day will be scheduled for a make-up test session.
- Students are to charge their Chromebooks each night and bring their power cord to school each day. Students cannot test on personal devices.
- Students report directly to their 1st period upon arrival at school.
- Virtual Academy students report to the Media Center upon arrival at school. We will have staff help direct students to the media center.
- Cell phones, smart watches, air pods/earbuds are not allowed in the testing setting. Please leave those items at home during testing.
- Students who require a smartphone for medical monitoring will be allowed to have their phones. Those needs must be documented and shared with the school. Contact Ms. Bonham West, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.
- We will not disrupt testing to check students out of school or deliver items left at home. Testing is anticipated to end between 11 and 12 each day.
- All Virtual Academy students are required to test on campus. There is no provision to test virtually.
Additional information about End of Year Testing can be found here.
Virtual Academy Supplies: Virtual Academy students are asked to bring all EL novels with them to testing this week. Please put your name on a sticky note on the novel to help us with record keeping.
End of Year Celebrations:
6th and 7th Grade Celebrations: 6th and 7th grade will celebrate the end of the school year with activities on June 9th. Sixth grade activities are in the morning and 7th grade activities are in the afternoon. Details have been shared by each grade level.
8th Grade Spring Fling and Celebration: The 8th grade will celebrate their middle school experience on June 10th with a day of activities. Students will have awards, a slide show and student performances, yearbook signing and our Spring Fling to close out the afternoon. Friday is a student event, as is our Martin tradition.
For specific information or more details about each grade level’s celebration, please contact your grade level administrator.
Meal Benefits Applications: We need ALL families to complete a 2022-2023 meal benefits application so our school can be eligible for extra funding next year. Apply Online by clicking THIS LINK. Paper applications can also be requested by calling 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 or emailing email@example.com.
Summer Food Program: Linked is a list of sites and locations that support our community during the summer by offering meals and resources. Please contact our social worker, Teresa Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions or are in need of support.
From the PTA:
General PTA Meeting: The Martin PTA will host the final general meeting of the year on Monday at 6pm to vote on a new slate of officers and approve the preliminary budget for the opening of the 2022-23 school year. Please join us for the virtual meeting on Monday, June 6th by clicking on this link.
Rising 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Families: Please consider serving on the PTA next year. We have some key board/committee positions we need to fill. If you are looking for a way to give back to the Martin community (or have someone to recommend) please email PTA VP Angel Bolton at email@example.com.
End of Year Gifting: Our students are lucky to be taught, counseled, coached and supported by LOTS of gifted teachers and staff at Martin. To show our support, we are bringing back GiftCrowd. At GiftCrowd, you can send end-of-year gifts to staff between now and June 7th, when the giving period ends. You can even leave a personal note! Visit our GiftCrowd Site and see the names of staff in each group. This is voluntary and the entire contribution will go to staff.
Have a wonderful Sunday evening!