Week of May 23, 2022
Hello Carver families and welcome to our last “Extraordinary” Week for the 2021 - 2022 school year. My first year, serving as your Principal, has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I am so truly thankful for my Carver family. You along with my talented staff have made my first year as Principal exciting, inspirational and joyous. I am proud to serve a dedicated staff who rise above the continued effects of the pandemic on a daily basis to make sure our Carver Cubs are provided with an “Extraordinary” education. I am proud of our Carver families who partner with us in this work to ensure that we collectively are providing the best education for our students. I am proud of our community partners who support us and our families as we work to make sure basic needs are met so that our Carver Cubs can thrive at school. Our Carver Cubs have grown leaps and bounds this year. They strive to do their very best and work hard daily to learn and meet their personal goals. They are extra special and we love them. Please do not let one data point distract you from the incredible successes your child(ren) has made this year. We couldn’t be more proud of our Carver Cubs and know that their futures are bright.
Please read below for important Carver news and have a great week.
- EOG Makeup tests will be given Monday - Wednesday
- Wednesday, May 25th is Carver Beautification Day! A flier was sent home last week with details regarding this event. Donations are being accepted to help make our campus more beautiful Monday- Wednesday. A list of suggested items was included on the flier. The plant sale will take place on Wednesday from 10-11:30 in the front lobby of the school. You may purchase a plant at school and donate it to our beautification efforts. From 1:00 - 3:00pm on Wednesday, each grade level will work in their designated area outside of the building to create a beautiful. landscape. Parent volunteers are welcome for this portion of the day.
- Each grade level has determined how they will celebrate completing the school year with their students. Teachers are responsible for communicating this information with their families. Some events are open for parents to participate and some are not. Please reference the information provided by your child’s teacher regarding their end of year celebration event.
- Thursday, May 26th - Pre-K Graduation event (Ms. Champion and Houston’s class) will take place in the Gym from 10:00 - 11:30. Families are invited.
- Friday, May 27th - 5th grade Celebration Ceremony 9:45 - 11:00 in the gym. Families are invited (4 person maximum per family) * note parents may sign their children out for the rest of the day after the ceremony
- VA students will take EOG’s June 1st and 2nd
- EOG Retest Camp will take place on June 1st and 2nd at Carver, if your child meets the criteria to attend this camp you will be notified and transportation arranged
- Caver VA students will participate in the Beaverdam 5th grade Celebration Ceremony
- Summer school: “Read To Achieve Camp” is provided only for invited 2nd and 3rd grade students this summer during the month of June
- Last day of school for VA is June 10th
Other Important Information:
- Students returning to a WCPSS school will bring their chromebooks home with them over the summer. They should bring their chromebook with them when they return to school for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Students in grades 1 and higher will continue to use their chromebooks at school and take them home daily. Students in Kindergarten will have a chromebook to use at school but will not take them home daily.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I am looking forward to seeing some of you this week.
Please do not hesitate to contact school administration if you have questions or need support, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 365 2680.
Wenitra Merritt, Proud CES Principal