Week of April 25, 2022
Hello Carver Families and welcome back to another “Extraordinary” week! I’d like to send a special shoutout to our PTA board for working hard to gather and organize volunteers for Field Day. Your efforts proved essential to the success of the day. We were so thankful for the many family volunteers that came to support Field Day last Friday. It was an amazing event and it was a pleasure having you on campus. Please read below for important weekly updates and reminders.
Important Action Needed:
- Grades 3-5 students will bring home an important letter on Monday. Parents please look for the Retest Opt-In letter in your child’s bookbag. It does require you to complete the bottom and return to school no later than Friday, May 6th.
- Panorama Family Survey: Wake County Public Schools is administering a District Wide Family Survey through Friday, May 6. The link to access the survey is: surveys.panoramaed.com/wakecounty/family. Paper copies of the survey were sent home last week. Families are NOT REQUIRED to take the survey both online and on paper. Please choose only one way to complete the survey.
- April 27th is Administrative Professionals Day! Please join us in recognizing our dedicated Carver Office Staff: Ms. Mildred Torres Garcia, Receptionist, Ms. Karen Taylor, Lead Secretary/Bookkeeper, and Ms. Elaine Diener, Data Manager. We appreciate all that they do on a daily basis to support students, families, and the Carver Staff.
- Testing: The mClass EOY assessment window opens. NKT and STAR Math Assessments will continue.
- After-school tutoring takes place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays each week for selected students. Remember to call the school or notify your child’s teacher if they are not able to stay.
- Carver Yearbooks are on sale. Get yours while supplies last. You can order online at strawbridge.net with the code YB100108, pay by check made payable to Strawbridge, or by sending in the exact cash amount (no change will be made by PTA or the school). The yearbooks are $20.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 2 - 6
- Monday, May 2nd No School (Vacation Day for In-Person and Teacher Workday for VA
- Friday, May 6th Grade 5 NC Check-Ins Science Assessment
- Friday, May 6th 4th Quarter Interim reports will go home with VA students
- EOG’s (Grades 3 - 5) Week of May 16th
I hope you all have a wonderful week and please do not hesitate to contact school administration if you have questions or need support, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 365 2680.
Wenitra Merritt, Proud CES Principal